Wide dress sandals

Does anyone have any suggestions where I could order wide strappy sandals? My feet are a little wide & dress sandals seem cut more narrow than casual sandals. I can easily wear a 5 in casual sandals, but not in dressy ones. I ordered a couple pairs of 5 1/2's, but even those were tight. If I go any bigger, they're too long to look nice. I've tried the nicer department stores, even Nordstrom with no luck. I'm getting tired of unsuccessful shopping trips for shoes & would prefer to order. I want something strappy & sexy. ;) Also, I have severe back problems, so I can't wear narrow heels. I need the added support of a wider heel. Thanks :)

www.zappos.com

If they don't have it, nobody does.

They have very fast shipping and free returns!

Good Luck!

I have the same issue...my feet are like a B 1/2...most shoes fit just fine, but if they run narrow...well, forget about it!

I just checked for you, and they have about 600 pairs of "C" width sandals! If you need a "D", you are SOL. Some of them were very sexy and bare...oooh, I like it!

Sometimes you can find a code for an additional discount by going to www.fatwallet.com, and searching their "hot deals" forums.

Again, good luck!

I've found wide width dress shoes at Payless. I check often and buy maybe 1 out of 6 visits. I have a pair from 7 years ago that are still in style. My teenage daughters borrow them all the time and they are getting more wear than I'd like. I've seen very similar styles at Macy's and Lord and Taylor. Try a wide width sandal search at Payless online and see what comes up. I haven't checked them in a month or so and they didn't have anything the last time. Back in March they had some really cute ones, but I didn't think I'd need them then! Aaahhh!

I don't know what your budget is, but there is a shoe designer, Taryn Rose. She is an orthopaedic surgeon as well as a shoe designer. Her shoes are expensive, but they are wider and comfortable as well as stylish. They are sold at Zappos and stores everywhere.

Linda :)

I also like Zappos. I would get so frustrated shopping for shoes for my wide feet until I discovered them (zappos.com). They have an excellent search feature where you can narrow your search way down (color/size/width/heel height/price range) so you're not searching forever.

They may be a little more expensive (OK, a lot) than Payless, but the selection is unbelievable and they have a 365 day return policy. I've never paid for shipping and returns are shipped back free- nice peace of mind when shopping online.

I find quite a few in the WW width, so don't worry, you should be able to as well!

It helps to know what size you wear in a particular brand when you're ordering online. My favorite is http://www.onlineshoes.com. Because the shoes are shipper directly from the manufacturer, they have model and every size that every brand offers. the return policy is VERY broad: 90 days. You can wear them every day, indoors and out, and if they don't work for you . . . you can send them back. The one telephone contact I had with customer support was most satisfactory.

Zappos does have a great site, however the 6.5 WW dress sandals I ordered were so narrow I couldn't get them on my feet!

Some brands are terribly unreliable in their sizing. One I have found is Annie- they make "wide" shoes, but more often than not, IMO, they run very narrow.

I always read the customer reviews for the shoes I intend on purchasing through them and make sure to add my comments when asked for as well so others can benefit from my experience.

Easy Spirit carries dress shoes in various widths. I know because I have wide feet and can usually rely on Easy Spirit to have at leats a couple new strappy, dressy shoes each season. Not only do they come in wide widths, they are often more comfortable and slightly more cushioned than regular department store dressy shoes and sandals. That is good because the walk on a ship is often a long one and comfortable shoes make a great difference in one's enjoyment.

Zappos has a good selection of wide shoes. I need wides, but find that I can get away with sandals that cross in the front (as opposed to having a strap that goes directly across the foot). I've also been able to wear White Mountain sandals by sizing up to an 8M (I'm usually a 7W).

I really love Shoebuy.com:

http://www.shoebuy.com/

They have free shipping, 110% price guarantee, a large selection of WW shoes and a huge selection of W shoes. Even the return shipping is free!

I've found some cute summer sandals there and my feet are EEE width with an extremely high arch, so if I can be fitted in cute sandals, anyone can!

Happy shopping!

Gail

Does anyone have any suggestions where I could order wide strappy sandals? My feet are a little wide & dress sandals seem cut more narrow than casual sandals. I can easily wear a 5 in casual sandals, but not in dressy ones. I ordered a couple pairs of 5 1/2's, but even those were tight. If I go any bigger, they're too long to look nice. I've tried the nicer department stores, even Nordstrom with no luck. I'm getting tired of unsuccessful shopping trips for shoes & would prefer to order. I want something strappy & sexy. ;) Also, I have severe back problems, so I can't wear narrow heels. I need the added support of a wider heel. Thanks :)

Try the Ferragamo brand of shoes/sandals. They're known for their high quality and comfort. They have the wider heel you want and they make all width's. Stores that carry them, like Sak's, Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom's can then order any style for you in a wide width if not in stock in the store. You can also order them from the store's websites like saks.com, etc.

Jane

Archived