Are LGBT families accepted?

misslisgirl

Hi all. My family consists of my partner and I and our son who will be turning 4 right before we set sail! This is his bday surprise and is our first Disney cruise. We are a lesbian couple and are concerned that the ships and people onboard may not be as friendly as the Parks are to families like ours. Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge??

A family is a family is a family. YES - you will be welcome. I was on the Fantasy last year and there were lots of gay families onboard. Everyone is having fun and on vacation. I highly doubt anyone will give your family a second look. Go and have a good time.

Hi misslisgirl! I agree with the prior poster--last year, my 20-something daughter and I took our first week-long Disney cruise. Prior to the cruise,I was wondering who Disney would seat us with at dinner......Disney put us with another mother/daughter and a 30-ish male couple too. The 6 of us had a great time all week at dinner--lots of laughs, and my daughter hit it off so well with the guys that she has kept in touch with them (and they are from a different country than us).

I don't think Disney thinks twice about this, and you should have a wonderful cruise!:)

Accepted by whom?

DCL CMs on the ship have the same standards of respect for all guests that they have in the park. You will have no issues with any CM.

Tablemates at dinner? Fellow guests? Guess it takes all kinds to make a world. If there is any problem at the first night dinner, talk with your head server and you will be moved--usually to a "just our family" table. This is the response to any issue of not getting along with table mates regardless of the reason.

I seriously doubt that any of your fellow cruisers will care. We've cruised with many same sex couples and I've never seen an issue. Families come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, definitions, etc. and it is no one's business but yours. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about what will be a "non-issue."

Hi all. My family consists of my partner and I and our son who will be turning 4 right before we set sail! This is his bday surprise and is our first Disney cruise. We are a lesbian couple and are concerned that the ships and people onboard may not be as friendly as the Parks are to families like ours. Anyone have any suggestions or knowledge??

Many many of the ships cast and crew are LGBT. (you should see the crew shows for the crew! lol!)

You have nothing to worry about being accepted by them!

The DCL Diversity program onboard is very comprehensive and absolutely definitive. ANY use of poor or defamatory language used by anyone towards anyone is really taken so seriously.

Coaching is used first, dismissal is used if they do it again. Period.

And that is crew to crew, so crew to Guest is not going to happen!

moki'smommy's post says it all and is 100% accurate!

Accepted by whom?

DCL CMs on the ship have the same standards of respect for all guests that they have in the park. You will have no issues with any CM.

Tablemates at dinner? Fellow guests? Guess it takes all kinds to make a world. If there is any problem at the first night dinner, talk with your head server and you will be moved--usually to a "just our family" table. This is the response to any issue of not getting along with table mates regardless of the reason.

I seriously doubt that any of your fellow cruisers will care. We've cruised with many same sex couples and I've never seen an issue. Families come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, definitions, etc. and it is no one's business but yours. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about what will be a "non-issue."

You probably may even see a Friends of Dorothy meeting arranged in the ships daily news letter "The Navigator" for those that wish to meet up.

Don't worry about it at all and enjoy the cruise! No one will be judging you at all.

The Match Your Mate show is great if you wanted to volunteer? ;)

All 3 of you will have a fantastic time!

ex techie

I hope those days are over or will be soon. Disney has always been very welcoming. We were there during Pride and the ship had many LGBT families and the park of course was very colorful. We managed to get one of the rare 2013 Disney pins for my daughter. I would not give it a second thought.

Archived