2014 south american cruise on crown princess

The Golden Princess is doing a very similar itinerary at the same time from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Crown Princess is doing Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles and includes Brazil. Both cruises are sold as full or sectors.

I am actually on the Golden Princess out of Buenos Aires. I had been interested in South America for some time and am looking into several excursion options.

I personally would not sail on Crown Princess at all and think it should not venture far from the tropics. It lacks a sliding glass roof over one of its pools making it unsuitable for enjoying swimming in glacier regions. Not only that it shares exactly the same design of the Golden Princess and carries far more people. When you weigh up the options of remote ports and a limited number of availability on excursions of course the ship that takes less passengers would always win out.

You have to bear in mind that a cruise like this offers excursions by flight to Antarctica, Pain National Park and Machu Picchu amongst several other places. Demand for such places will be high from people that can afford the premium cost of the excursion.

Also I have been on one of those enlarged Grand class ships and never again.....

Archived