Return flights Pride of America 12/31/05

crewsin250

I have a question for past cruisers who have booked your air with NCL in Hawaii around what time was your return flight home. Thanks for any and all help on this ?.

Also any advise on renting a car would be greatly appreciated, I have a 2 night pre stay at Sheraton P K and would like info on Maui also.

Thanks Paul

Ours is at 1:00 pm. Delta. Friends traveling with us have Aloha Airlines and I'm not sure of their time. I'm sure it depends on where you are going home to! We are all L.A. bound. To request a particular air arrangement, you can pay $50- per person to extend your stay, or say request a particular airline. That's what we did. Hope this helps!

Oh, and once you find out what flight they have you booked on, make sure to have your travel agent reserve your seats together (or if you did the booking yourself, YOU call the airline with your booking number to take care of the seats!). I learned that one here on Cruise Critic from some unhappy campers who were seated all over the plane!

It is more likely that you may not get a red eye if you do a one night post cruise; if you change your ressie now to a one night post cruise you will not have to do an air deviation, but must pay for the one night post cruise; our's cost $297 for 3 of us to post stay 1 night at the Marriott; this includes transfers from the boat and to the plane. They will be booking many more people the night of embarkation and I think this makes the difference. Even if you are flying in the interior of the US you have a better chance of getting an AM flight if you do this. I changed mine to the one night post cruise and got a 12:45PM departure; United said they saw in my original ressie that I was scheduled to depart at 9PM the night we arrived in Honolulu.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I also think it is less of a let down to spend one more night in Hawaii and if you ended up with a red eye that night, you could at least request a late departure from your room.

Good luck!

BTW, My flights were both United and American, NCL does mix and match and we were very happy with their selections and think staying one extra day made all the difference!

Thank you 4 cruisers and Donna for the info especially about calling the air line to get seats close together. Donna I have to be back at work on the following Monday so I will not be able to do a post stay thanks for the info though.

If anyone can fill me in on how there trips go, booking through NCL I would be grateful.

Paul

We also had a two day pre-stay and it was awesome. On ship we were able to reserve a car rental for disembarkation day. It was reasonably priced and very convenient. Car was waiting less than 2 blocks from dock and was reurned at the airport. We had a 10:00 pm departure. I was apprehensive, but everyone was sleeping no too long afer take-off. In reality, it helped with getting our body time-clocks readjusted to Cenral Std. time.

Both trips to Hawaii included post trip stays and both ended up being red eye flights. It was nice because it gave us most of an extra day in Honolulu, but not as nice because you had to have your luggage stored at the hotel during the afternoon. Our one flight was on Northwest and left at 6:00 p.m. and the one last year on POA was on Delta and that left Honolulu at 5:00 p.m.. The one last year had us in Cinicinati at like 9:00 a.m. (now that was a long flight....Honolulu to Cincinnati and I can't sleep well on planes.) Both were booked through NCL.

As far as car rentals. I found Alamo to be the cheapest in Maui which was the only port that we rented a car in during our cruise. The Alamo bus picked us up at the pier early in the morning and we kept the car only for one day since we had an NCL shore excursion scheduled for the second day. We didn't return the car until like 9:30 p.m. to their airport location and the shuttle bus brought us back to the ship at about 10:00 p.m.

The pre-stay will be nice to help you get aclamated to the time difference and usually those on pre-cruise stays can board earlier. Have fun.

I'm the one stuck with the red-eye! I let NCL book our flights. True - we get one more day in Paradise - but I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep on the flight home! (Plus - we live near Oakland, but they booked us through LA! Gee - didn't think I had to request a non-stop!

I need to book some rental cars too! ack - better get to it!

We cruise 8/6 Pride of America and are still waiting for docs.

We are flying United from Tucson to LA and La to Honolulu and then back American from Honolulu to LA and then United to Tucson.

Very happy with itinerary; did one night post cruise; perhaps we got non-red eyes since not too many people are doing NCL out of Tucson; maybe we are the only ones.

We are on the 7-30-05 POAM. Return flights for some were 9:20 and others 9:30 pm. Sunday morning arrival in Phoenix and Ontario after stops in San Francisco. I am looking for a hotel to book on departure day because we will be travelling with a 6 month old and the tours just will not work for us. At least everyone can try and get some rest before the long night home.

Hi Alinnj, the 7pm flight is this what Ncl give you or did you pay extra to get this flight. I hope we can get a flight at 7 or earlier.

Thanks Paul

It is what NCL gave me!:)

We have 11 people and a 5 month old departing 7/30 on the Pride of America. Six paid the deviation and are going onto Maui after the cruise. The 5 who did not pay the deviation fee all ended up on the red eye home, which means they had a choice of sitting at the airport for hours - or renting a car for the day at the cost of about $60.00. Personally, I don't think NCL should book a red eye unless requested or agreed to by the passenger. :mad:

Just kidding--you wouldn't know if you haven't been there. Of all the islands, I think Maui is the most diversified and interesting, even if its volcano is dormant. I have a condo on Maui (Kihei) and have been there more than 20 times--usually stay there close to a month at a time. I'd be glad to expand on this if you like; any particular kinds of things you like to do?

Archived