Programme Change mis-information

I have just received an email from the Programme Change Team finally informing me about the itinerary change from St George's Grenada to Kingstown St. Vincent. The reason stated was that St George's will be quite congested on that day!!!!

I replyed with the following response:

I am surprised that the reason given for the port change is congestion at St George's, when having checked, there are no cruise ships in port that day neither is it a public holiday therefore I find it hard to believe that there will be any congestion, in fact there are several other islands that are on the itinerary which have several ships in at once.

I found this out by spending a couple of minutes on the internet, I'm sure a better reason could be given, like the truth!!!

Passengers are not total idiots even through Thomson like to treat us as if were at times.

I wonder if I will get a reply from Thomson's!! Also I think it is very poor the lenght of time it has taken them to inform me regarding the change, we were discussing it a couple of weeks age

port congestion could be right??

not all ships itineraries show up on port traffic websites (only the main players with big websites....which is where these websites get their info from).......there is a royal clipper ship in grenada on that saturday after n/y...they only have enough berths for 3 cruise ships (including the careenage)

there could be other ships in? big yachts...or maybe some sailing event?

celebrity and some other cruise lines often get priority over thomsons (due to copper bottomed contacts)

I guess thoms have changed the port rather than tender ashore

The royal clipper calls at St George on Monday 30th Jan, on Sat 4th it's in St Lucia according to Star Clippers web site.

They've changed it on all Tropical Treasures, it can't be congested on them all!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

sorry...its the madalay tall ship thats in grenada...there is usually always a tall ship in grenada on a saturday

it can't be congested on them all!!

why not?....most cruise ships follow the same back to back itineraries throughout the season

there are probably other cruise ships in port that clash with tropical treasures and not with latin gems

tbh….why would thoms not be telling the truth?? For what other reasons do you envisage that they would change a port?? They have said its port congestion why can it not be port congestion??

We once had a port cancelled/substituted due to immigration problems (Syria) thoms were open about that

The royal clipper calls at St George on Monday 30th Jan, on Sat 4th it's in St Lucia according to Star Clippers web site.

They've changed it on all Tropical Treasures, it can't be congested on them all!!!

I'm a bit confused Tina. Do you mean the Tropical Treasures itinerary has been changed or Latin Gems? In my brochure the port of call on Treasures is Kingston but on Latin Gems it is Grenada - so is this the one which has been changed?

If so, it looks as though anyone with a b-2-b departing say 19th Jan on Tropical Treasures will call at Kingston (changed port?) and again on the following week on the Latin Gems itinerary. If I'm reading this correctly, I wouldn't be too happy as there are so many great islands in the Caribbean I wouldn't especially want to be duplicating. It's one thing if you book an itinerary knowing you go to one island twice - but I don't think it's fair after the event.

That's the reason I think it's been changed, I think they messed up on the original itinerary, which would mean the same port twice. When I booked it last year it stated Grenada as the stop on Tropical Treasures, now they've changed it. I don't have a problem with the change, only the time it has taken them inform me and in my opinion it is an excuse of congestion. It does mean that I won't be going to Grenada as I am doing Christmas Charms and Tropical Treasures

I'm a bit confused Tina. Do you mean the Tropical Treasures itinerary has been changed or Latin Gems? In my brochure the port of call on Treasures is Kingston but on Latin Gems it is Grenada - so is this the one which has been changed?

If so, it looks as though anyone with a b-2-b departing say 19th Jan on Tropical Treasures will call at Kingston (changed port?) and again on the following week on the Latin Gems itinerary. If I'm reading this correctly, I wouldn't be too happy as there are so many great islands in the Caribbean I wouldn't especially want to be duplicating. It's one thing if you book an itinerary knowing you go to one island twice - but I don't think it's fair after the event.

latin gems grenada stop has not been changed as far as I know?...I am booked on latin gems in march and my itinerary is showing a stop in st georges (so far)

also booked on tropical treasures and my itinerary is showing kingstown st vincent (but I dont know if that has changed (from grenada)....may have? I have only recently booked)

latin gems grenada stop has not been changed as far as I know?...I am booked on latin gems in march and my itinerary is showing a stop in st georges (so far)

also booked on tropical treasures and my itinerary is showing kingstown st vincent (but I dont know if that has changed (from grenada)....may have? I have only recently booked)

:confused::confused: I just hope you all end up going wherever you want to go! :D

When I booked in June Kingstown was part of Tropical Treasures.. no idea if or when the itinerary was changed before that.

We are due at Kingstown, St Vincent on 25 January, and St Georges, Grenada 1 February. The Grenada stop is the last one as we go back to Barbados to fly home from there on 2 February. After all the problems of dropping St Barths for a second sea day and subsequent correction, I am hoping there is not going to be more problems.

Archived