Indie, two days to go, sea pass account

Hi, thanks for your very helpful advice our cruise starts Saturday on Indie from Southampton.

We have done our on line booking and registered a credit card, however, we have also exchanged GDP to dollars and want to pay at the end with dollars rather than the bill going on the credit card.

Can I just check that my options are to pre fill the sea pass with dollars when we get on board, or, settle the account in dollars at the end. Our credit cards are charged at the end of the holiday, is that right? (Ie, the account isn't settled each day on our credit card?). I suppose my concern is our credit card will be charged every day and we will end up paying on our card .....

The credit card is charged one lump sum at the end of the cruise. You will get a statement posted to your stateroom on the final morning listing all your charges. If you want to pay cash (I don't know why you want to do that) you can head over to guest relations on the final morning and settle your account. Expect a long queue at guest relations.

Hi

I have cruised on the Indy several times. I registered a credit card and towards the end of the cruise paid off some of the account with USD. You will be able to settle your account with USD at guest services. Personally I would not bother loading my seapass with USD at the start of the cruise the credit card has that covered. At the end of the cruise pay off the majority of your account but leave a small amount on the card so that RCCL have to send your credit card provider a bill. You can then check your credit card statement in case there have been any foul ups.

Enjoy the Independence you are in for a wow. Thomson and P&O may not see you again.

Selswick

Hi again.

Just to add the point about long lines at guest services is a good one. You will be able to monitor your account on the stateroom TV. Go to guest services the day before the end of the cruise to pay off the seapass account.The statement delivered to your cabin on the last night should show the new balance.

Selswick

Hi

Enjoy the Independence you are in for a wow. Thomson and P&O may not see you again.

Selswick

Our DD14 only did Thomson with us, so i think she will be very happy :D even with Ventura we were impressed but I get the feeling indie is much better.

Hi

We always use USD and pay it over to Guest Services on Boarding. Saves on card fees etc.

We do this as we had a problem in 2006 where my debit card kept being declined onboard the Navigator. It took a very very expensive phone call to our bank from San Juan to sort it out. We had arranged for the card to be used whilst away but somehow it wasn't authorised.

We've never had a problem using cash and find it very straightforward.

Have a great time:)

Archived