Mayan Paradise Snuba

mschulman

On our firse Cruise, my DW and I booked an excursion with Mayan Paradise Tours (http://www.snubacozumel.com) for a Snorkle and Snuba trip. We went on the Catamaran Zorro. We went to 3 reefs. To get there, we got in a cab and took it to Nachi-Cocum beach. It cost 15.00. We snorkeled the first 2 reefs and then snuba'd the last reef. It was fun being underneath the snorklers at the 3rd reef . I'm a certified Scuba diver, but haven't gone diving in 12 years, and my DW has never been. This was a great way to see if she'd like to get certified. We're now going to get her certified so that the next trip we can go scuba diving. Her biggest complaint was that the hose wasn't long enough! On the way back, the crew handed out drinks (I drank Rum Punches and my DW drank Tequila Sunrises). Before we knew it, the captain put "Tequila" on the speakers and the crew started going around handing out Tequila shots (double ones). The tequila was mixed with something pink so it wasn't too bad. They massaged our throats so it went down, and then shook our heads. I did three . We then danced until we got back to the dock. What a great trip! We highly recommend it.

This sounds like a blast! Wanted to do it but also wanted to do Senor Frogs Fiesta Party Boat. Timing of the excursion and our arrival in port didn't let me do both, so decided to snuba in Belize. Have posted a couple times on the Belize destination board but haven't gotten any responses as to whether or not it is any good. Your post is making me rethink my decision!!! Did snuba in the Caymans a few years ago and LOVED it!

We did this same tour the beginning of June, I liked it because they take you two 3 snorkling spots and take you around once you are in the water to show you diferrent things. The crew were very attentive and served refreshments and great fresh fruit. I would recommend it to anyone. KIM

Archived