Carnival Oops message: The official way around it

ChelseainFL

I notice several other people posting that they get this same Oops message that I was getting and I posted this as a reply, but I doubt people will see it.

I contacted Carnival regarding the OOPS! I have another couple cruise with us and I have both of our booking saved to my account. I was able to access their booking, but not mine. Carnival told me to click the red number of days until sailing at the top to get to my list of bookings, then select what I need to do from the drop down next to the booking I want to do. I was able to check in, print, book excursions...and haven't seen that dang OOPS since. She did say that it is a known issue that they are trying to fix.

Just a little FYI :)

Here is my take on the problem. I have two cruises listed under the "my Cruises" tab. I cancelled one of them about two months ago. (Don't know why it still shows up) The other is fully paid for.

I can access the cruise that is still booked. If I click on the cancelled one, I get the "OOPS" message.

so therefore, one reason the "oops" page shows up is there is a problem with the booking. If you get this, you should call them ASAP just to make sure. I am not saying this is the case every time. but it might be! I wouldn't take the risk.

Call them and double check your booking

Here is my take on the problem. I have two cruises listed under the "my Cruises" tab. I cancelled one of them about two months ago. (Don't know why it still shows up) The other is fully paid for.

I can access the cruise that is still booked. If I click on the cancelled one, I get the "OOPS" message.

so therefore, one reason the "oops" page shows up is there is a problem with the booking. If you get this, you should call them ASAP just to make sure. I am not saying this is the case every time. but it might be! I wouldn't take the risk.

Nawwww, don't think so...

I often get the ooops! even before I log in -- just trying to look at Fare Viewer, say, or take a quick glance at excursion options.

Completely agree...best to play it safe with all these cancellations happening.

I have the same issue withy booking. The cruise I cancelled will not go away, and if I mistakingly click on it up comes the oops!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I notice several other people posting that they get this same Oops message that I was getting and I posted this as a reply, but I doubt people will see it.

I contacted Carnival regarding the OOPS! I have another couple cruise with us and I have both of our booking saved to my account. I was able to access their booking, but not mine. Carnival told me to click the red number of days until sailing at the top to get to my list of bookings, then select what I need to do from the drop down next to the booking I want to do. I was able to check in, print, book excursions...and haven't seen that dang OOPS since. She did say that it is a known issue that they are trying to fix.

Thanks so much for this tip regarding the OOPS. It worked like a charm. Yay!

I tell you what -- they must get tired of saying, "It is a known issue we are trying to fix"! :D

Thanks for the info -- I am saving your post.

You took the words right out of my hands. lol. Everything with that whack website is a "known issue they're trying to fix." Seems like they know it. Not much on the fixing part. I'm over the towel animal in the construction hat!

I talked to three people at Carnival who blamed the oops on my web browser, although I told them I tried on three different devices using different browsers so that could not be the case. This worked like a charm!

Thanks so much for sharing!

I talked to three people at Carnival who blamed the oops on my web browser, although I told them I tried on three different devices using different browsers so that could not be the case. This worked like a charm!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Its not the web browser! If it was, then tell me why I can see my booked cruise but get the oops message on my cancelled cruise?? Both times from the same laptop using the same browser.

I have the same issue withy booking. The cruise I cancelled will not go away, and if I mistakingly click on it up comes the oops!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I talked to carnival IT last week about getting rid of the cancelled cruise.. He said only their IT people can do that and he said he sent them a message asking them to delete it. Then he said to give them 2-3 days. That was 8 days ago!

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually am able to open up Manage My Cruise, but this is a much easier way of doing it.

Nawwww, don't think so...

I often get the ooops! even before I log in -- just trying to look at Fare Viewer, say, or take a quick glance at excursion options.

A friend of mine, and quite a few other people on a different thread have had issues with their cruises being canceled hence why they are getting the oops. So if you get it and this fun little fix doesn't work, I WOULD call asap to make sure you haven't been booted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived