FLL hotels AGAIN! :)

Kali22

I, like most of you, like to read/research as much as I can before I make any decisions, but I'm feeling overwhelmed now!

There mare 4 of us going on the Carnival Glory leaving out of POM November 17 and returning November 24.

I am looking for a hotel in FLL over night Nov 16-17 that has free transport from the airport as we are flying in from 2 different locations. I was considering Sleep Inn, but I'm nervous! I thought I had read that it was within walking distance to restaurants AND the beach... We need to have some kind of restaurant/food in walking distance.

Next, we need a hotel for the night of the 24th - 25th. Once again I was considering Sleep Inn because it was walking distance to the beach, but now I'm not sure. We would again like free airport transfer as we are leaving at 2 separate times and in walking distance to things to do or at least a good pool will do.

I have looked on sunny.org and expedia, but would like trusted opinions. :)

Thank you!!!

As far as I know, any FLL hotel within walking distance to the beach will not have a free shutle from the airport. Hotels that are located near the airport will more than likely have free shuttles to the hotel.

We stayed at Sleep Inn FLL prior to our cruise out of POM. There is and airport shuttle and complimentry breakfast. The beach is a 1 mile walk but sidewalk the entire way. We did walk there but the Mgr told us while we were checking in.

There is a 24 hr Walgreens directly next door and a shopping center with a Publix grocery store that sells wine, pop etc... In the shopping center there are 3 restaurants: Pancho's Backyard, which is Mexican style, A Chinese restaurant and an Italian place. The Publix deli also has several selections if one wanted to get a to-go meal to take back to the room or for by the pool. In addition, the shopping center also had a Dollar Store and a hair and nail salon.

We found the hotel to be decent, clean, nice Mgt and good breakfast. It is an indoor corridoor style hotel as opposed to the motel style with the doors facing the outside. It was plenty nice for the price. We used our AAA card to get a nice discount too.

Good luck

:)

BTW: We then used QLS shuttle for our pick-up the next morning to POM and then back to FLL airport after the cruise.

We stayed at Sleep Inn FLL prior to our cruise out of POM. There is and airport shuttle and complimentry breakfast. The beach is a 1 mile walk but sidewalk the entire way. We did walk there but the Mgr told us while we were checking in.

There is a 24 hr Walgreens directly next door and a shopping center with a Publix grocery store that sells wine, pop etc... In the shopping center there are 3 restaurants: Pancho's Backyard, which is Mexican style, A Chinese restaurant and an Italian place. The Publix deli also has several selections if one wanted to get a to-go meal to take back to the room or for by the pool. In addition, the shopping center also had a Dollar Store and a hair and nail salon.

We found the hotel to be decent, clean, nice Mgt and good breakfast. It is an indoor corridoor style hotel as opposed to the motel style with the doors facing the outside. It was plenty nice for the price. We used our AAA card to get a nice discount too.

Good luck

BTW: We then used QLS shuttle for our pick-up the next morning to POM and then back to FLL airport after the cruise.

Walking distance for me would be 2 or 3 blocks. 1 mile not so much, but that's just me.....

Walking distance for me would be 2 or 3 blocks. 1 mile not so much, but that's just me.....

I believe there is a trolley, we just stayed close to the hotel. The Mexican place is pretty good, show your room key and you'll get a slight discount.

These hotels by 17th St. have free airport shuttle and you can take the SunTrolley or bus 40 directly to the beach. There are also lots of restaurants near the hotels:

Holiday Inn Express

Hyatt Place

Extended Stay

Thank you! I will look into those hotels!

LOL, I agree. We did not walk the mile to the beach. I had a typo in my original post, it should have read that we did not walk it but the MGR told us about the sidewalk as a courtesy.

Good luck to you in your search and have a great time.

LOL, I agree. We did not walk the mile to the beach. I had a typo in my original post, it should have read that we did not walk it but the MGR told us about the sidewalk as a courtesy.

Good luck to you in your search and have a great time.

Gotcha! :D

I, like most of you, like to read/research as much as I can before I make any decisions, but I'm feeling overwhelmed now!

There mare 4 of us going on the Carnival Glory leaving out of POM November 17 and returning November 24.

I am looking for a hotel in FLL over night Nov 16-17 that has free transport from the airport as we are flying in from 2 different locations. I was considering Sleep Inn, but I'm nervous! I thought I had read that it was within walking distance to restaurants AND the beach... We need to have some kind of restaurant/food in walking distance.

Next, we need a hotel for the night of the 24th - 25th. Once again I was considering Sleep Inn because it was walking distance to the beach, but now I'm not sure. We would again like free airport transfer as we are leaving at 2 separate times and in walking distance to things to do or at least a good pool will do.

I have looked on sunny.org and expedia, but would like trusted opinions. :)

Thank you!!!

Wait a second...

I am no expert here...but...

Did you say you are flying in to "FLL"...

...and cruising from "POM"???

FLL is FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT...

POM generally means PORT OF MIAMI...

17th Street and the FLL hotels are near PORT EVERGLADES aka FORT LAUDERDALE...

Port of Miami is a bit away from there...

Those FLL hotels typically have free shuttles to Port Everglades...BUT, if I am not mistaken, Port of Miami is an entirely different subject...

SO, you are still going to need transportation hotel to port and return...I just want to make sure you know that...

Make sure to check which port you are sailing out of and which airport you are flying into!!!

Gotcha! :D

We had a late arriving flight and ended up taking a dip in the pool and then a later dinner at Pancho's, but if I would have arrived earlier in the day AND had the energy, I may have tried the mile trek. I would not have realized that it was sidewalk the entire way if the Owner would not have mentioned it. He also mentioned the discount at Pancho's by showing the room key. Nice owner-good mgt.

The hotel was recently taken over by a new owner and it really showed in terms of customer service.

Wait a second...

Those FLL hotels typically have free shuttles to Port Everglades...BUT, if I am not mistaken, Port of Miami is an entirely different subject...

Make sure to check which port you are sailing out of and which airport you are flying into!!!

I'm not the OP, but sometimes it's much, much cheaper to fly into FLL opposed to Miami. If it's a later arriving flt or not, the hotels are much more resonable in FLL than Miami.

You will find that lots of folks do this.

We cruised last April right after Easter. The rates were through the roof due to the season. We stayed at Sleep Inn. They picked us up at the airport it was easy as pie. We walked across the street to dinner and used the Publix to get our wine and soda. We then used a shuttle service, QLS, that picks up at FLL hotels and provides r/t transport to the POM.

Even including the shuttle rate, it was so much more economical to stay in FLL than in Miami.

Wait a second...

SO, you are still going to need transportation hotel to port and return...I just want to make sure you know that...

Lot's of people fly into FLL for cruises out of POM. I have done this before and it's been cheaper than staying in a Miami hotel. The flights were cheaper which offset the cost of the shuttle from my Ft. Lauderdale hotel to the POM.

Wait a second...

Yes, we are flying into FLL and leaving from POM. Southwest was the cheapest airline for us and doesn't fly to Miami. So I know we will need transportation from FLL to POM and back... I was trying to find a hotel with free airport transfers so we didn't have to pay 4 times to get somewhere.

Yes, we are flying into FLL and leaving from POM. Southwest was the cheapest airline for us and doesn't fly to Miami. So I know we will need transportation from FLL to POM and back... I was trying to find a hotel with free airport transfers so we didn't have to pay 4 times to get somewhere.

You do realize that no hotel in Ft. Lauderdale is going to have a free transfer to POM? You can get free transfers from the airport to the FLL hotel but not the hotel to POM.

Archived