Visiting Sled dogs - Skagway area

waterfront

Please Help!

I have read in some posts about people visiting sled dogs in Skagway. I really do not want to take a formal tour, flight seeing or the whitepass railway, I have rented a car and would like to drive to visit the sled dogs and puppies. I have been trying to find the posts that I read about others visits and I can not find it any information would be great.

Waterfront

There is a company that runs "summer camp" sled rides. The sleds are fitted with wheels and run on the trail. I am not sure if they have any puppies at the current time, or if this type of tour is something that would interest you, or if you can just visit the dogs, but you can reach them through the website at

www.alaskasleddog.com

I also seem to remember someone talking about sled dogs at a store front, but don't remember which town it was, or where to find it. Good luck getting some more ideas.

i contacted the web adddress above and they said "just book thru the ship." So they are the same ones Celebrity uses in Skagway. The description of the area was slightly different, so emailed to find out about that.

Waterfront,

Under Alaska, start a new thread "To Budget Queen" in the title line. She will respond. She has mentioned a place to go when you are renting a car in Skagway that is half the price than the ship's excursion with pickup at the ship.

Archived