Steak House.....

RDR11

Can anyone tell me.... Do all the Carnival ships have a steak house? If not, which ships have one?

None of the Fantasy Class ships have one and neither does the Victory at this time. I believe all the other ships do.

According to the Carnival website, here is your info:

Steakhouse

How do you make a special vacation even more special? Book a table at our memorably delicious steakhouse. Our menu features mouthwatering beef cooked to your exact specifications, as well as a fantastic selection of seafood, entrées, gourmet appetizers and an extensive wine list. For the vacation-friendly price of only $35 per person, you can take in the elegant atmosphere and enjoy the culinary creations of our expert chefs. Like any destination restaurant, reservations for the steakhouse are highly recommended.

This Experience Is Available On: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Valor.

Edited by Mom2JJandJ

Thanks everyone! I am sad the Triumph does not have this BUT guess that means we will have to try another ship in the future:)

Yes, you'll have to sail on the Magic and try the steak house there! Going on the Triumph in Feb., also sad to see they don't have a steak house.

If you're debating on whether this is worth the $35, I can tell you it DEFINITELY is! You'd pay somewhere over $100+ for this type of dinner anywhere on land and it is excellent. Don't forget the free bottle of wine if you book the Steakhouse the first night of the cruise. We just had this dinner on the Carnival Pride and it was GREAT!

• 8 months later...
If you're debating on whether this is worth the $35, I can tell you it DEFINITELY is! You'd pay somewhere over $100+ for this type of dinner anywhere on land and it is excellent. Don't forget the free bottle of wine if you book the Steakhouse the first night of the cruise. We just had this dinner on the Carnival Pride and it was GREAT!

I just reserved my table, Freedom Aug 24. But the free wine, was that a promotion to get people in there on the first night? Hope they won't stop it because it seems like it worked. Lots of posts about it. Was it 1 bottle per table, per reservation, or per cabin, esp if two cabins of adults share a table there? Glad you loved it!! I can't wait to try. Have only ever done it on RCCL's Freedom and loved it there! Thanks.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I just reserved my table, Freedom Aug 24. But the free wine, was that a promotion to get people in there on the first night? Hope they won't stop it because it seems like it worked. Lots of posts about it. Was it 1 bottle per table, per reservation, or per cabin, esp if two cabins of adults share a table there?

We sailed on the Freedom (8-day cruise) on April 4. The first day on the ship our Cruise Director announced that the free wine promotion was available on the first night AND on the second night (which was our first Formal Night).

Begin rant/

We made arrangements on our roll call for 9 people, with 6 separate reservations, to dine together on the first night. Prior to our cruise, the Steakhouse Manager e-mailed me to say it was ONE bottle of free wine per table "if the promotion was available during our cruise" :rolleyes: The official Carnival Corp. statement at that time was something like "the wine promotion is at the discretion of the individual ship's Steakhouse Manager". Long story short, one member of our group managed to "convince" the Steakhouse Manager to provide our table of 9 guests with 4 free bottles of wine that first night.

This free wine promotion is very confusing!! Why doesn't Carnival Corp. just commit to making the promotion "one free bottle of wine per two people dining in the Steakhouse on the first night" ... period... regardless of the number of people at the table or the number of "linked" reservations and make it applicable to ALL of the fleet's Steakhouses?? :confused:

End rant/

The first night, our group was there from 6:30 to 10:00 (great time, wonderful memories!! :D). The Steakhouse was nowhere near full capacity at any time, even with the free wine.

That said, the Steakhouse was fabulous!! And was well worth the $$ for us. The food was amazing! The service was impeccable! A truly exceptional dining experience!! :)

Enjoy!!

We sailed on the Freedom (8-day cruise) on April 4. The first day on the ship our Cruise Director announced that the free wine promotion was available on the first night AND on the second night (which was our first Formal Night).

Begin rant/

We made arrangements on our roll call for 9 people, with 6 separate reservations, to dine together on the first night. Prior to our cruise, the Steakhouse Manager e-mailed me to say it was ONE bottle of free wine per table "if the promotion was available during our cruise" :rolleyes: The official Carnival Corp. statement at that time was something like "the wine promotion is at the discretion of the individual ship's Steakhouse Manager". Long story short, one member of our group managed to "convince" the Steakhouse Manager to provide our table of 9 guests with 4 free bottles of wine that first night.

This free wine promotion is very confusing!! Why doesn't Carnival Corp. just commit to making the promotion "one free bottle of wine per two people dining in the Steakhouse on the first night" ... period... regardless of the number of people at the table or the number of "linked" reservations and make it applicable to ALL of the fleet's Steakhouses?? :confused:

End rant/

The first night, our group was there from 6:30 to 10:00 (great time, wonderful memories!! :D). The Steakhouse was nowhere near full capacity at any time, even with the free wine.

That said, the Steakhouse was fabulous!! And was well worth the $$ for us. The food was amazing! The service was impeccable! A truly exceptional dining experience!! :)

Enjoy!!

Thank you so much! I probably would have ranted too! So, we should change our reservation to 2 and have the other cabin reserve as well😏😏😏😏😏

The only reason I mention this as was hoping for a little vino to be left over. My roomie is allergic. But the other two ladies only drink wine:(. A lot of wine:0) I imagine there's a chance the tables for two are near each other. Ok ok. I won't go to that extreme. Just the little guy on my shoulder telling me "go for it! It's your wine!!"

I'm really looking forward to it, and today received conformation from Carnival.

Now, menu advice. I love prime rib and rib eye steaks. But I love lobster and know that this lobster is way better than MDR. Steak too for that matter. But I'm torn between rib eye and surf and turf. Suggestions anyone?

I think get the surf and turf...but study if that is as good as the full lobster dinner in steakhouse..do they vary?

I have lots of good red meat..but lots of days w/o meat too. To me nothing will ever replace a perfect steak and many different cuts..they all vary and if you like meat..well that is fun too. But landlocked like me in living... and if surf and turf there is as good as the surf alone in that venue..LOL..get both IMO. I had just the filet..it was great..next time i want both...we both can get great ribeyes at home...have a blast..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I think get the surf and turf...but study if that is as good as the full lobster dinner in steakhouse..do they vary?

I have lots of good red meat..but lots of days w/o meat too. To me nothing will ever replace a perfect steak and many different cuts..they all vary and if you like meat..well that is fun too. But landlocked like me in living... and if surf and turf there is as good as the surf alone in that venue..LOL..get both IMO. I had just the filet..it was great..next time i want both...we both can get great ribeyes at home...have a blast..Sarah

That's true about the rib eye, no shortage in Indiana. Guess surf and turf at the very least!!

• 1 month later...

I'm doing my first B2B cruise this September with my wife and was wondering for the second cruise do I have to print a boarding pass

even though I'm staying in the same cabin.I will be going off ship,go through customs turn around and go right back on.No going to print

luggage tags for second cruise as we will not be packing till will get back from second leg.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm doing my first B2B cruise this September with my wife and was wondering for the second cruise do I have to print a boarding pass

even though I'm staying in the same cabin.I will be going off ship,go through customs turn around and go right back on.No going to print

luggage tags for second cruise as we will not be packing till will get back from second leg.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

No you do not need to print out a boarding pass for the 2nd cruise, unless you plan on bringing on 4 bottles of wine, 2 for the 1st cruise and 2 for the 2nd cruise. In that case, print both boarding passes so you will be allowed to bring all 4 bottles on when checking in for cruise 1.

Agree. No need to print out luggage tags for cruise 2 as you will be on the ship already. Even if you were not in the same cabin and were moving to a different cabin, luggage tags are not necessary for leg 2.

Instead of surf and turf, my husband and I order one ribeye steak (our favorite cut!) and one lobster. They will split them for you. I think the "turf" is a filet mignon, too dry for me.

As for the free wine, each of the four times we had eaten at the Steakhouse, we were a party of 6 (3 couples) and had at least 2 bottles of wine.

Enjoy your dinner at the Steakhouse!