Hawaii Honeymoon Excursion Help!

tbenson81

1. We want to take helicoptor tours in both Hilo and Kauai. Several posters have mentioned that Safari helicoptors is a good provider. Does anyone know if they provide transportation to and from the cruise dock or do we have to find a cab? Are cabs readily available? Does anyone know how far the takeoff locations are in Hilo and Kauai from the cruise dock.

2. In Honolulu, I want to see Pearl Harbor and the wife to be wants to swim with the Dolphins. It would be impossible to do both if we book the excrusion through princess right? Cant we just take a cab to Pearl Harbor, buy our tickets there and then take another cab to Sea Life Park and swim with the Dolphins?

3. Does anyone know how far the Kona Country Club is from the Dock on the kona side. Can we just book our own tee time here also and take a cab?

A big factor is if cabs are readily available. Are there cabbies just waiting when the ship docks or do you have to call/find them?

*If we pre-reserve excurisons through princess, can we still cancel if we decide not to go on them. We are binded monetarily are we?

Thanks a lot,

Tony

1. We want to take helicoptor tours in both Hilo and Kauai. Several posters have mentioned that Safari helicoptors is a good provider. Does anyone know if they provide transportation to and from the cruise dock or do we have to find a cab? Are cabs readily available? Does anyone know how far the takeoff locations are in Hilo and Kauai from the cruise dock.

I'm not sure if any of the tour operators provide transporation to/from the cruise dock. I kind of doubt it. On Kauai, you'll want to get a tour that leaves from near the Lihue Airport. That's not too far from the cruise dock. Safari leaves from there, as does Will Squires, Jack Harter and a few others. Don't book one that leaves from Port Allen or Princeville if you will be taking a cab. Have a great time; Kauai is a spectacular island to see from the air!

I know that both Safari Air and Jack Harter pick up from the cruise ship for their tours (in Kauai, at least) because I just got off the phone with both companies and asked that very questions.

Don't know a thing about the Kona Country Club, unfortunately. I do know from other posters that cabs don't really hang out at the port, though, and that it's better to take some cab company phone numbers with you and call them from your cell phone as you get close.

As for doing Pearl Harbor and the Dolphin Swim, I think it would depend upon how long you have in port. From what I understand, the wait at Pearl Harbor can be several hours and there's no way to reserve a time. Given that, there's also no way to really know if you could even make a Dolphin excursion on time.

Also, I've read that most of the Dolphin excursions go out in the morning because the surf really picks up later in the day. Maybe you could do the Dolphin excursion first thing in the morning, pre-arrange a cab to Pearl Harbor, and then grab another cab or take The Bus ($2.00/pp, I believe) back to the port.

If you decide to book any excursions through Princess, you should be able to cancel them without penalty. I say "should" because some of the excursions specifically state that they are non-refundable. Helicoptor and golf tours, in particular, frequently do. If you do decide to book directly through the ship, make sure you read the excursion description thoroughly to find out if this applies to any of yours.

Have fun!

Archived