Paul from Greek taxi is wonderful

Just got back from Millie Med. Paul from Greek taxi took us to Ancient Corinth and Myceane. Speaks English very well since he lived in the U.S .

for 25 years.Was there waiting for us when we got off the boat which is more than I can say for the company we booked in Florence that came 30 minutes late.Turns out the day we were in Athens the trains and busses were on strike.Michele

Just got back from Millie Med. Paul from Greek taxi took us to Ancient Corinth and Myceane. Speaks English very well since he lived in the U.S .

for 25 years.Was there waiting for us when we got off the boat which is more than I can say for the company we booked in Florence that came 30 minutes late.Turns out the day we were in Athens the trains and busses were on strike.Michele

Hi, We are going on the Millennium next May. We are booked with Paul, so I'm happy to hear that you had a good tour.

We are also doing private tours in Florence. Do you mind me asking what was your experience and who was the driver?

Thanks, and welcome home.

Mari

We also booked with Paul but he sent his son Nick in his place. We had one of the best tours on our cruise with Nick. He took us exactly where we asked to go and added things we never knew we wanted to see! If you are in Athens on a Sunday be sure to catch the Parade of the President's Guard. I wholeheartedly recommend Greek Taxi for Athens tours. Laurey

We were also in Athens on the day of the strike. We used Rania who is a licensed guide as opposed to a driver. She took us to all the high points and avoided the areas that were affected by the strike. She was really a pleasure to be with.

Great to hear. Tell us more. We have him booked for September and he assured me that he would personally be our driver.

We were also in Athens on the day of the strike. We used Rania who is a licensed guide as opposed to a driver. She took us to all the high points and avoided the areas that were affected by the strike. She was really a pleasure to be with.

Can you forward her e-mail address to me please at lisa_lacy@sbcglobal.net. (there is an underscore betweeen lisa and lacy and it is all in lower case)

We will be in Athens on August 14th and I am still looking for a guide

Thank you in advance.

We just used Paul's service for a morning tour of Athens based on the recommendations from various threads in the Europe forum. We were not very impressed. He sent Christopher, who was very pleasant but not very knowledgable or informative about what we were seeing. If I could do this again, or if anyone cares to listen to our advice, you should confirm WHO will be your guide, and it sounds like it should be Paul himself, George, or Spiros; if they cant promise you to provide the service themselves, forget it.

By comparison, in Amsterdam, where we had 5 hours to spend between flights, we used Hollandstopovers.com. They were professional, the guide they sent us was amazing, and they were very flexible in customizing our tour, even changing the itinerary in the middle of the tour after sensing what we were really interested in.

I will be posting a full review of the Windspirit soon

Norm and Ruby

Windspirit July2-9

Does anyone have the correct email address for Greek Taxi. I have tried many times to email by what I have found on the message boards and none of them will go thru. Mailer Deamon always strikes back. Someone please help we would like to use Paul for our trip to Athens in June.:confused:

We just used Paul's service for a morning tour of Athens based on the recommendations from various threads in the Europe forum. We were not very impressed. He sent Christopher, who was very pleasant but not very knowledgable or informative about what we were seeing. If I could do this again, or if anyone cares to listen to our advice, you should confirm WHO will be your guide, and it sounds like it should be Paul himself, George, or Spiros; if they cant promise you to provide the service themselves, forget it.

Norm and Ruby

Windspirit July2-9

Well that is a concern considering we are booked with Paul in September who reassured us he will be our driver. Did you email him to let him know your disappointment? As a business person, I would suspect he would appreciate your comments so he can continue to stand by his reputation on these boards.

For the previous poster we have been emailing with Paul at admin@*****

What is the cost of using Paul for the Athens tour??? If not using him, is it possible to do everything on your own??? Thanks for any info...going Aug 16..........

Here is the info I was provided from Paul (this was for 4 of us, we chose the full day as we wanted to go beyond just Athens):

"The half day Athen's tour will cost 140 Eu and includes a visit to the following places: The Acropolis, The National Archaeological Museum,

The Tomb of The Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament and The Changing of The guards, The Temple of Zeus,

and finally The Olympic stadium (the stadium built in the 1863 for the first modern Olympic games in1896).

The full day Athen's Tour will cost 250 Eu and includes a visit to: The Acropolis, The National Archaeological Museum,

The Tower of Winds, The Ancient Greek and Roman Agora, The Old palace, The Tomb of The Unknown Soldier in front of the

Parliament and the Changing of The guards, The Temple of Zeus, The Olympic stadium (the original stadium built in the 1863

for the first modern Olympic games in 1896), The Hill of Lycabetous, The Plaka where you will spend time for shopping

and have lunch in a nice restaurant, and finally The Cape Sounion.

Entrance fees to the archaeological sites, and food are not included in the prices.

No deposit is required. You can pay me in cash or travellers' checks in USD/Eu.

I am not a licensed tour guide and so i cannot tour the archaeological sites with you.

Though i know Greek history and mythology and i can tell you about the sites on the way there.

If you want a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you can hire one at extra cost. "

And I understand you can do most of this on your own but our understanding is that Athens is a very crowded, hot, congested city and we'd prefer to have a local take us around so we could see a bit more. We've been told that Paul is flexible and would modify accordingly. We originally were going to do this on our own and changed our minds after reading some of the threads.

Archived