Richard Spacey to Quantum

Never sailed with Jimmy. Out of curiosity, why didn't you care for him?

Well, he is one of those annoying CDs that really got on our nerves, especially when he laughed at his own jokes which weren't even funny. He talked too fast to be clearly understood.

We had him on Explorer for New Year's 2012, and it was a mostly indoor cruise with cold/windy weather. The itinerary had to be altered, and we only had two days of nice weather. He and his staff needed to be more fun and more inspiring, because there were lots of bored cruisers wandering around aimlessly since they couldn't sit out by the pool or on their balconies. A CD is very important on cruises with a lot of sea days, or with bad weather...he simply didn't step up to the plate. A more dynamic CD would have made a huge difference.

We were on Explorer again a few months later with Richard Spacey and Leigh Xuereb, and it was like night and day. There were so many more activities scheduled. Even the very same activities were a thousand times more entertaining and fun.

Ken has confirmed that Jimmy will be taking out QOS and will continue on as its regular CD. Ken will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes stuff to help provide a smooth beginning for QOS. Very disappointing news.

Well, he is one of those annoying CDs that really got on our nerves, especially when he laughed at his own jokes which weren't even funny. He talked too fast to be clearly understood.

We had him on Explorer for New Year's 2012, and it was a mostly indoor cruise with cold/windy weather. The itinerary had to be altered, and we only had two days of nice weather. He and his staff needed to be more fun and more inspiring, because there were lots of bored cruisers wandering around aimlessly since they couldn't sit out by the pool or on their balconies. A CD is very important on cruises with a lot of sea days, or with bad weather...he simply didn't step up to the plate. A more dynamic CD would have made a huge difference.

We were on Explorer again a few months later with Richard Spacey and Leigh Xuereb, and it was like night and day. There were so many more activities scheduled. Even the very same activities were a thousand times more entertaining and fun.

Ken has confirmed that Jimmy will be taking out QOS and will continue on as its regular CD. Ken will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes stuff to help provide a smooth beginning for QOS. Very disappointing news.

Well I guess he'll have to step it up now! I know that not everyone loves Ken but I've always found the entertainment departments on his ships to be well run, so hopefully he'll do some good getting things up and running in the background.

*shrugs* I had a great time with Jimmy Rhodes on the Oasis this past December, and was thrilled to learn he was going to be our CD on our Jan 2015 sailing. And this was after a cruise on the Explorer where we had Leigh who I consider one of the best CDs I've ever had.

Not sure if not having a favorite cruise director would make me cancel a cruise, but whatever works for you. :)

*shrugs* I had a great time with Jimmy Rhodes on the Oasis this past December, and was thrilled to learn he was going to be our CD on our Jan 2015 sailing. And this was after a cruise on the Explorer where we had Leigh who I consider one of the best CDs I've ever had.

Not sure if not having a favorite cruise director would make me cancel a cruise, but whatever works for you. :)

We're booked on the 3 day cruise to nowhere, in late November. No ports and cold weather require a dynamic CD.

I agree that Leigh is one of the best. We loved him even more than Richard!

We're booked on the 3 day cruise to nowhere, in late November. No ports and cold weather require a dynamic CD.

I agree that Leigh is one of the best. We loved him even more than Richard!

I also agree, I had Leigh with and without Richard on Explorer cruises. I think he was the best out of all the CD's I've sailed with. I would love to see him on the Quantum.

See you on the 3 night.

• 11 months later...