What does "Latitudes" OnBoard Credit Mean?

cruisecritiquer

Oh nevermind. It wasn't checking the box that caused the price difference I was seeing. Apparently this new website prices things like Carnival. The more people you add, the more the rate goes down in the price preview box for each person. Before the rate for guest 1 and 2 always stayed the same but they showed you what you were paying for the 3-8th person.

Internet URLs are hierarchical from right to left from the first forward slash. The .com is the main domain, the ncl is the company registration and the www (or www5) bit is the name of the actual server. Therefore, the www5 is a different server from the normal www one. Web developers normally use jumps between servers so that they can have different information on them for either different markets, countries or just development areas that they can jump to from the main www site. These sorts of servers often get tangled up because they are very prone to error resulting from poor QA between different developers. If data on one server gets updated and the developer forgets to do the same on another server it is very easy for it to get lost or for different customers to get different info. Unfortunately, it looks as though the NCL site suffers from poor developers all together not just between different servers. (For instance, has anyone in Europe actually managed to make a credit card payment from the My NCL pages?)

Unfortunately, there is only one proper was back when things get so tangled and it is equivalent to re-formatting your hard disk when it goes wrong - start again with a blank screen and do the job properly!!!!!

Internet URLs are hierarchical from right to left from the first forward slash. The .com is the main domain, the ncl is the company registration and the www (or www5) bit is the name of the actual server. Therefore, the www5 is a different server from the normal www one. Web developers normally use jumps between servers so that they can have different information on them for either different markets, countries or just development areas that they can jump to from the main www site. These sorts of servers often get tangled up because they are very prone to error resulting from poor QA between different developers. If data on one server gets updated and the developer forgets to do the same on another server it is very easy for it to get lost or for different customers to get different info. Unfortunately, it looks as though the NCL site suffers from poor developers all together not just between different servers. (For instance, has anyone in Europe actually managed to make a credit card payment from the My NCL pages?)

Unfortunately, there is only one proper was back when things get so tangled and it is equivalent to re-formatting your hard disk when it goes wrong - start again with a blank screen and do the job properly!!!!!

That almost made sense. LOL. All I know is that when I type in WWW it sends me to WWW5 and if I delete the 5...it comes right back. :eek:

interesting note...I could not relate to the screen shot of the NCL website until I noticed that the OP was on www5.ncl.com vs the more normal http://www.ncl.com or www2.ncl.com.

When I go to http://www.ncl.com or www2.ncl.com i get the old website; if I go to www5.ncl.com I get the new website that has the look of the screen shot from the OP.

apparently NCL is transitioning to the new look, but their various mirror subdomains are not in synch yet.

Now this is a great way to confuse us all!!

interesting note...I could not relate to the screen shot of the NCL website until I noticed that the OP was on www5.ncl.com vs the more normal http://www.ncl.com or www2.ncl.com.

When I go to http://www.ncl.com or www2.ncl.com i get the old website; if I go to www5.ncl.com I get the new website that has the look of the screen shot from the OP.

Now this is a great way to confuse us all!!

I don't have a way to get back to the old website...even after clearing my cache. It just forwards me to the new one automatically.

Archived