Shore Excursion brochure

elaine61

Well I finally paid the balance for my trip on Saturday. Which means the trip is getting closer and closer - Yippee

Can anyone tell me about when I might expect to receive the shore excursion brochure and information pack. In the brochure it states about 90 days before you sail, but we are now just 79 days away from departure. Do you think it will arrive any day soon???

Elaine

I am in the similar situation my cruise is seven weeks away and I have not had my information. I also understand that until the registration form in that pack is returned to Cunard tickets, will not be issued. As I booked 14 month back I don’t want to be picking tickets up at the dock on departure.

I thought Princess was supposedly improving Cunards administration operation. It does not seem like it to me.

I am beginning to get a bit unhappy with Cunard/Princess. Rant Rant.

Best wishes, Stephen.

I am in the similar situation my cruise is seven weeks away and I have not had my information. I also understand that until the registration form in that pack is returned to Cunard tickets, will not be issued. As I booked 14 month back I don’t want to be picking tickets up at the dock on departure.

I thought Princess was supposedly improving Cunards administration operation. It does not seem like it to me.

I am beginning to get a bit unhappy with Cunard/Princess. Rant Rant.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Hi Stephen

Tell me about it!!!!! Did you hear about our booking. We booked on the day that bookings opened June 2004 for our trip in Sept 2005 and about 2 weeks ago all the new paperwork from the new system came through to my agent and our childrens cabin numbers had changed from the ones we originally booked. We were told that all this happened back in March, but no one from Cunard contacted my agent or myself about the matter. So for our trip which is 25 days long they had the children in 1 cabin number for the two transatlantic trips and then they would have had to move for the splendours of the fall voyage. I was furious but things seem to have been resolved. I wouldn't say I'm satisfied with the way it's all been handled. Now I'm ranting!!!!!

Elaine

I think it is both. It is all guess work really. I thought Princess and P&O had a good reputation. Perhaps this transitional problems as things are moved over to Princess in the USA and P&O in the UK.

Cunard ships always seem well run though.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Stephen

I have never had any problems whatsoever with pre cruise stuff from P & O. I have never had any problems like I experienced a couple of weeks ago when things all went pear shaped. I really wished I'd booked the Oriana which is doing a similar trip to the one we are doing. Except of course it only goes to NYC once!!!!! Also we could have treated ourselves to a suite on Oriana and really pushed the boat out for less than were paying on QM2. If Oriana had any decent cabins left that week things went pear shaped I would have happily switched and told Cunard to put the booking where the sun doesn't shine!!!!! But as it is hopefully we are now back on track and hopefully things will be wonderful. I'm sure they will, but I have to say I am not impressed with the way it's all been handled from Cunards end.

Elaine

We're sailing QE2 July 30, last week the leather pouches with our boarding info arrived. Today another package via Airborne with shore excursion info. Both delivered to our former address which I changed when we put our reservation "on hold" the end of May. The first fax confirmation had the old address, I again called to change it. Then we paid the deposit and got another fax - still the old address. Another call to change it. Then we paid the balance and I confirmed the correct address, the fax arrived...you guessed it! Still the wrong address. Our old address is a mile away, now a vacant house under renovation, Airborne left both packages without signature. Fortunately the owner tracked us down and delivered the packages to our office.

P&O were very good when we cruised on Oriana in 2002. Everything arrived months in advance. Hopefully P&O will soon have all the Cunard bookings sorted. There have been a few horror stories of double bookings for cabins and people only being told a few days in advance. I certainly dont want that to happen to me (or anybody). I too have changed addresses recently which complicates matters of course.

If Carnival/P&O/Cunard are going to become difficult to deal with I might have to start cruising with Celebrity.

Oriana is a lovely ship (in my limited experience of ships) with some fine public rooms but QM2 is spectacular in so many ways. Cunard is more American in style when compared P&O which is more British in style. I personally find Cunard fits with me.

Best wishes, Stephen.

• 2 weeks later...

Cunard is very weak administratively and I think everyone has experienced that!

My pre-cruise documents arrived a mere 36 days prior to departure so I phoned and I was able to provide all the government required information over the phone (ie. passport #s, emergency contacts). The representative indicated that the tickets would be issued and mailed immediately. So, if you have not received your pre-cruise pkg. by 60 days prior to your departure, it is advised to phone a cunard representative and provide the necessary information. Good Luck!

We leave Australia four weeks from today. The excitement is just too much to be contained!! :) We still haven't received anything from Cunard, not even a response to a couple of emails I have sent to the Australian office. Not too worried yet, just a little nervous ...

We leave Australia four weeks from today. The excitement is just too much to be contained!! :) We still haven't received anything from Cunard, not even a response to a couple of emails I have sent to the Australian office. Not too worried yet, just a little nervous ...

I have to say that any communication I have made with Cunard UK has been responded to pretty quickly. I even e mailed my issues regarding the change in our children's cabin allocation (booked so far in advance for 3 back to back cruises on the pretext that we did not want to move between each one)!! I have even received a satisfactory reply regarding this issue. Shame it had to happen in the first place.

Still no documents though.

Elaine

Well, well, well ...

I have just returned from my TA with excursion brochures in hand! Now I have something else to research (i.e. obsess about :)). Where shall we go; will it be worth it; what to wear; why can't I find mention of that little church on the web; why .... ?

I am sooo happy!!!

Archived