Upgrading after final payment...

IndyColts84

Just curious...we are on the Dawn 21 day Bermuda/Boston to Tampa Repo coming up in a little under two months. It is beyond our final payment and we have an interior room. I just got a good promotion and with that came a nice chunk of bonus. If I called NCL and upgraded to a balcony or dare I say a suite...would they allow this and what would be required of me to make that happen? Does it even matter if it's past final payment?

Exactly what mpk said. We always keep our eyes on the prices as the cruise gets closer and pay for an upgrade if the price seems right, have done that multiple times (we have sailed over third of our cruises in suites because of this, our original booking usually is something lower) and never have lost any amenities we have had from the start.

Just curious...we are on the Dawn 21 day Bermuda/Boston to Tampa Repo coming up in a little under two months. It is beyond our final payment and we have an interior room. I just got a good promotion and with that came a nice chunk of bonus. If I called NCL and upgraded to a balcony or dare I say a suite...would they allow this and what would be required of me to make that happen? Does it even matter if it's past final payment?

Go for it and congratulations!

Exactly what mpk said. We always keep our eyes on the prices as the cruise gets closer and pay for an upgrade if the price seems right, have done that multiple times (we have sailed over third of our cruises in suites because of this, our original booking usually is something lower) and never have lost any amenities we have had from the start.

We upgraded from a balcony to a mini-suite to a penthouse with only minor issues (computer did something weird, but a supervisor fixed it). It actually worked out to our favor.

Definitely call them and ask. They will probably give you some sort of deal, and hopefully match or come close to the new offer. But after final payment they are obligated to do nothing. And they won't always match the new promotions for existing passengers. Sometimes it can depend on how full the ship is, how likely they think they are to sell your existing cabin, and the demand they expect for the cabin you want to upgrade into.

No , it matters not . Call and work a new deal . They will charge you the difference . You will loose any OBC you had before tho..

Call NCL or your TA ;)

You may not lose your OBC from the previous booking. We recently upgraded and did not lose the OBC. Seems to depend on multiple factors.

If price drops within final, they will give you a comp upgrade to a comp category. depending on availibility on ship. if not OBC for a % of the diff. and u can always upgarde to a higher category if u pay the difference.

You might want to change "they will" to "they might".

They may also give you nothing.

No , it matters not . Call and work a new deal . They will charge you the difference . You will loose any OBC you had before tho..

Call NCL or your TA ;)

We went from a balcony (OBC $35.00) to a Mini W/Balcony (OBC $50.00).

Net cost $85.00. Well worth it. All this was after we paid and past the deadline.

I did have to pay the difference then and there....so to speak.

above the M2 on the epic, are the suites. because above the M2 is the M9 but it is only a triple. and the only suites that will hold quads is the S4 or S2. you would have to call them to see what is available for that ship and sail date.

Thank you. We are 60+ days out and there are dozens of family suites available. I may wait and see if the price comes down. Right now that would be an additional 2000 per person. I don't think DH is going to go for that. :rolleyes:

Archived