Western Carib.

We went last january out of new orleans,the 1st and last days were very windy and alittle chilly the rest were hot but not to hot. I would agree with the windbreaker plus a sweater just to be sure. Have fun.

Definitely bring a sweater or light jacket because the upper decks can be quite chilly at night or in the early morning if you are an early riser. This is expecially true the further north you are when you leave port. You don't say which port you are leaving from. Also, you might need the warm clothing when you return to your home port.

That said, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman can be steamy and hot in December. Key West is a hard call because it can have chilly days in December or warm ones...just depends on luck.

I like to have a sweater with me anyway, because the dining room and the theater can be chilly. Some parts of ships never seem to warm up.

Have a great time. We did a Western Caribbean crusie last December on Jewel of the Seas. What a relaxing cruise! I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Archived