Summit Rooms 9165 and 9167

papillons4u

Hello, Has anyone stayed in rooms 9165 or 9167? Do you know what is above them? I tried to look on the celebrity site but could not get it to work. Was wondering about noise from above and hoping this was a good side for the itinary that we are going on? We are going to Key WEst Cozumel, Puerto Limon, Colon Oranjestad, Aruba and George Town. Maybe the Starboard would be better? Has anyone done these ports?

Thanks,

Joyce

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You should be fine in those cabins. We were in 9150 and had friends in 9185 (same location, opposite side of ship) on a recent cruise, and we both had fine views at different points of the cruise, so I don't think for a Caribbean cruise the side should matter much. We had no problems with noise from the Waterfall Grill above us. You will be more directly under the Cafe part, which seemed to get more traffic, but don't know if that will affect noise. Seated area, which will be above your cabins is carpeted.

The only thing to be aware of is that the overhangs above your balcony will go out quite a bit, if that is something that would bother you. We were under a pretty big cut-out, so it was not an issue for us, but in our kid's connecting cabin it was quite pronounced, as well as the supports. There's been a lot of discussion on this board about these balconies, and some people don't mind them at all, while others really don't like them.

42travl,

What does a over hang mean? I am not used to balcony's.. does that mean we won't get sun? Or what does the cut out mean? Sorry to be such a pain, just have never had a balcony like this before!

JOyce

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Joyce,

Don't worry about the questions...

If you look at the Summit's deck plans, you will see on Deck 10 where the Waterfall Grill/Cafe is, there are sections that jut out over the side of the ship. If you are on deck 9 beneath these, then these sections extend out past the edge of your balcony, and they have bars extending from the deck 9 balconies supporting them. Most balconies on other decks are covered just to the end by the balcony above them. So, you will get less light/sun on most of the deck nine balconies.

By cut-out, I mean the small areas between these sections that jut out. It's hard to figure out which cabins fall right beneath these areas, unless someone tells you or you have a great picture of the ship that you can "analyze."

If you are not specifically looking for a Concierge class cabin, and it sounds like the ones you mentioned are not, then you can get the same size cabin one deck down and not have to worry about the balcony issue. Noise should also not be a concern on deck 8.

I don't think the search feature on these boards works all that well, but you can try, or if you feel like going back a lot on these boards, I know there is lots of info about the Summit (or Infinity - identical layout), including pictures.

Thank you 42 travl,

I think we will stick with this room?? The price was right, VERY right...and I still get to look out on a veranda..and that is what is important. These decks are not large enough to lay out on anyway..are they? Is it not usually to sit upright chairs and a table? (I am used to RCCL) this is my first Celeb. cruise!

Thank you for your imput!! Looking forward to trying Celeb!

Joyce

These balconies were definitely not meant for laying out in the sun - at least not for me. They are comfortable enough for two people to sit in normal chairs, but in all honesty, we didn't spend much time out there anyway. It was nice to be able to step out once in a while, and provided a nice view from the cabin. If you have more than two people in the cabin, the extra sitting space can come in handy...

I don't know what cruise you're looking at, but I would think that the same category room on a different deck should cost no more. It may be worth just asking, but if the balcony issue is not a big deal for you then you should be fine.

Archived