Electrical adapters

margbem

I know this has been asked before and I should know myself by now, but I can never remember - are the adapters required for the small ships USA or European types? We only plug things in in the suite itself, not in the bathroom.

Thanks to folk with much better memories than me!

Just starting to get everything out ready for next week! Can't wait to be back on the Spirit and to sail out of Venice, although I will go steady on the Bellinis during sailaway this time!

Outlets on Seabourn ships are USA ~on the Baby Girls the outlet at the end of the vanity is very handy for we ladies.

NO electrical outlets in bathrooms ~ I use light sticks (several) for my bathroom nightlight. Just snap and 'voila, you've a 'lit light!

Martita B

I know this has been asked before and I should know myself by now, but I can never remember - are the adapters required for the small ships USA or European types? We only plug things in in the suite itself, not in the bathroom.

Thanks to folk with much better memories than me!

Just starting to get everything out ready for next week! Can't wait to be back on the Spirit and to sail out of Venice, although I will go steady on the Bellinis during sailaway this time!

Margaret - there are only two usable plugs in suite on Spirit - both underneath the mirror over the dressing table area. One is 220v European two round pin, the other 110v US style two flat pins.

Depending on how much you have to plug in - what I do (did) was take a 4-way UK flat power bar/adaptor and a UK (3 square pin to European 2 round pin) adaptor. The 4-way fits quite comfortably along the edge of the dressing table underneath the mirror and meant we had plenty of outlets for camera chargers, phone chargers, I-Pod, etc.

My recollection is that the in-suite hair dryer had a European-style round pin plug as each time SWMBO wanted to dry her hair I had to accept that my in-suite I-Pod/speaker unit (running from the power bar) had to be unplugged! Just when I was settling down to chill with a pre-prandial snifter.

If you've got any other specific questions before leaving for Venice drop me a DM on grumpy.old.man at btinternet.com. You will win huge brownie points with Lee and Susie (the duo in the Club) if you take along some orange "Club" biscuits for them! If you have room, "KitKats" and "Penguins" are hugely popular with Brit members of crew - give to Simon, the cruise director, and he will distribute equitably!

Have a great cruise - we did.

Margaret - there are only two usable plugs in suite on Spirit - both underneath the mirror over the dressing table area. One is 220v European two round pin, the other 110v US style two flat pins.

Depending on how much you have to plug in - what I do (did) was take a 4-way UK flat power bar/adaptor and a UK (3 square pin to European 2 round pin) adaptor. The 4-way fits quite comfortably along the edge of the dressing table underneath the mirror and meant we had plenty of outlets for camera chargers, phone chargers, I-Pod, etc.

My recollection is that the in-suite hair dryer had a European-style round pin plug as each time SWMBO wanted to dry her hair I had to accept that my in-suite I-Pod/speaker unit (running from the power bar) had to be unplugged! Just when I was settling down to chill with a pre-prandial snifter.

If you've got any other specific questions before leaving for Venice drop me a DM on grumpy.old.man at btinternet.com. You will win huge brownie points with Lee and Susie (the duo in the Club) if you take along some orange "Club" biscuits for them! If you have room, "KitKats" and "Penguins" are hugely popular with Brit members of crew - give to Simon, the cruise director, and he will distribute equitably!

Have a great cruise - we did.

I shall hotfoot it to Morrisons and stock up on chocolate goodies! What a good idea.

Thanks for the info about the sockets, and to Martita too. I had got both sorts out so shall now also thake the flat power bar.

Yep, our suite had side by side plugs in 2 forms. I had both adapters with me so we did the same.

FWIW I now buy the multicountry adapters (sometimes they get left behind) as these are so universal.

(PS taking a power board for Antarctica, might even need 2)

Yep, our suite had side by side plugs in 2 forms. I had both adapters with me so we did the same.

FWIW I now buy the multicountry adapters (sometimes they get left behind) as these are so universal.

(PS taking a power board for Antarctica, might even need 2)

I have also got one of those multi country ones, but have been using the "old" type for so long I always forget to pack the new fangled one!

I think you will need more spare batteries than adapters for Antarctica, how I wish I was going to be there! Don't know if I could survive the cold though (we are from North of you!)

I'm not good with cold either. We've already got summer, mid 20s all week.

We head up to cairns area for 10 days late November/early Dec so the kids can get their diving fix. At least it will acclimatise us for BA

Buying some new camera batteries is definitely on the to do list. I should be right with SD cards provided I upload each day.

Archived