Benefit to classic drink package?!?! I'm not seeing them!!!!

dobes3kh

I know it's yet another posting regarding the drink package but we're debating about whether or not to purchase it. Here's why: the RCI website states that the Classic Package doesn't include bottled water/juice, specialty coffees, canned soda and alcoholic cocktails. From what I've read on CC, the wine selections are limited.

It appears the premium package doesn't include canned soda or bottled water/juice.

So I guess what we're trying to figure out is if the Classic package is worth it. It appears you would need to drink a lot of beer and house wine (which I've read isn't very good!!!). For $45US/day, I would think they would provide alcoholic mixed drinks---perhaps not Grey Goose but at least Smirnoff!!!

Is this correct?!?! Do those who have purchased the Premium package consider it was worth it?

Thanks!

As all the other many posts on this........depends

I'm on the FOS this Saturday and buying once on board ( have $375 OBC)

Done the math and based on 3 sea days ,one in CoCo Cay...with Grey Goose Martinis in the evenings per dinner and other rocket science math.....the numbers work. Already bought a 5 bottle wine package to not have to drink the house wine but perhaps 2 nights at din din

Cheers

As all the other many posts on this........depends

I'm on the FOS this Saturday and buying once on board ( have $375 OBC)

Done the math and based on 3 sea days ,one in CoCo Cay...with Grey Goose Martinis in the evenings per dinner and other rocket science math.....the numbers work. Already bought a 5 bottle wine package to not have to drink the house wine but perhaps 2 nights at din din

Cheers

how the heck did u get $375 OBC... ?

CC

The Classic package is basically for beer drinkers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Never thought of it that way but that's a good way of looking at it!

Thanks for the other responses....I know the drink questions are plenty on here but this is our first time sailing RCI and I have to say, the Celebrity drinks package (even the classic) is much better!

RCCL does allow OBC from TA's, Carnival does not. Not sure about NCL.

You even get a slip in your room saying the amount and it shows as from your TA. Nearly every agent on that site seems to offer OBC. There is no way that Royal doesn't know what is going on.

It has to be OBC or other prepaid items though, no one offers straight cash back (fine with me of course). Been using that site for 3+ years myself, although now I tend to use the same agent direct that I found through the site. Saves her that fee and I get a slightly better deal.

no comment... since RCCL doesn't allow rebating which is what they did.

CC

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk HD

RCCL does allow OBC from TA's, Carnival does not. Not sure about NCL.

You even get a slip in your room saying the amount and it shows as from your TA. Nearly every agent on that site seems to offer OBC. There is no way that Royal doesn't know what is going on.

It has to be OBC or other prepaid items though, no one offers straight cash back (fine with me of course). Been using that site for 3+ years myself, although now I tend to use the same agent direct that I found through the site. Saves her that fee and I get a slightly better deal.

Yep

NCL also allows OBC

Used cru**se compete last year on the Epic out of Barcelona and scored a good one.

Actually out of the last 2 times the same TA offered the best deal. I hear you on going back

to them but also been using the site for years and get a rush from reviewing all the offers.

Back to the OP however on the premium drink package, just need to check your planned

use of " the bar" and check the economics of the price to see if it adds value.

Archived