Dubrovnik questions

Going to Dubrovnik on a Ruby Princess Cruise and really looking forward to doing it, but have a few questions. Can you take a car (Taxi, Bus etc.) to the top of the Mountain, or is the cable car the only way to go?

We have a member of our party who will be using a wheelchair or scooter to get around and we need to get clarification: Are there taxi cabs that can accomodate a wheelchair or scooter? The scooter can be taken apart.

If we decide to ride the cable car, how far is the cable car itself from the point where our mobility-impared passenger has to exit the vehicle taken to the cable car station at the bottom of the Mountain? Can the cable car gondola accomodate a wheelchair or scooter?

Going to Dubrovnik on a Ruby Princess Cruise and really looking forward to doing it, but have a few questions. Can you take a car (Taxi, Bus etc.) to the top of the Mountain, or is the cable car the only way to go?

We have a member of our party who will be using a wheelchair or scooter to get around and we need to get clarification: Are there taxi cabs that can accomodate a wheelchair or scooter? The scooter can be taken apart.

If we decide to ride the cable car, how far is the cable car itself from the point where our mobility-impared passenger has to exit the vehicle taken to the cable car station at the bottom of the Mountain? Can the cable car gondola accomodate a wheelchair or scooter?

We'll be in this port next June, so I'm interested in whatever response you get. We don't need a mobility enhancer, but Princess doesn't even mention a cable car as part of their shorex options.

A taxi can take you up the MTN, you don't need to use the cable car.

For about 50 Euro you can get a taxi that will take you around and up the mountain for scenic stops and then drop you at the gate to the old city.

When we were there in June everywhere took Euro except for the tickets for walking the wall.

We were supposed to go there last September on the Grand but were weathered out so are trying to make it in a couple of weeks from now. I have a DW who has MS and what I do know is that the bus is reasonably accessible if a person can handle a couple of steps. Taxis should not be a problem but you want to Pile Square for easy access into the old town. I have no knowledge as to how accessible the cable car may be.

If you go to the link below you will find quite an extensive thread that is maintained by a Carol Sousa who is a Californian who because of her Croatian heritage decided to retire to Dubrovnik. We are meeting her later this month and she is going to give us a tour. She is very sensitive to people with mobility issues. The one problem she is having right now is that her computer is broken and she likely won't have a new one until early next month...in the meantime she is struggling with a friend's Croatian keyboard.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=984351

We were supposed to go there last September on the Grand but were weathered out so are trying to make it in a couple of weeks from now. I have a DW who has MS and what I do know is that the bus is reasonably accessible if a person can handle a couple of steps. Taxis should not be a problem but you want to Pile Square for easy access into the old town. I have no knowledge as to how accessible the cable car may be.

If you go to the link below you will find quite an extensive thread that is maintained by a Carol Sousa who is a Californian who because of her Croatian heritage decided to retire to Dubrovnik. We are meeting her later this month and she is going to give us a tour. She is very sensitive to people with mobility issues. The one problem she is having right now is that her computer is broken and she likely won't have a new one until early next month...in the meantime she is struggling with a friend's Croatian keyboard.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=984351

We are familiar with Carol and have been reading some of her posts, altho I am not sure if I have seen the post to which you are linking, thanks for sending it to me, I will check it out:)

Archived