Best place to buy flowers in Papeete prior to cruise

For flowers - Le Marche

For good selection of wines you thinking of - Moana Nui Market place. 1/2 mile east of the IC Tahiti, as big as a Costco (actually many Costco items on the shelves).

Thank you so much for all the great information about Tahiti you post of this site. We don't travel until next September but so much fun in the planning.

For flowers - Le Marche

For good selection of wines you thinking of - Moana Nui Market place. 1/2 mile east of the IC Tahiti, as big as a Costco (actually many Costco items on the shelves).

Tiki....are these open 7 days a week? Hours? TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

La orana

Several of us arriving in Papeete for a cruise, would like to meet up late (4:00-4:30) for Happy Hour and Roulottes before returning to our hotels. I am presuming this would be the Le Marche' area.

We would appreciate a suggestion for a good place to meet for HH and then proceed to dinner. Some of us have not met yet, so would need a recognizable place so we can find each other. :)

Thank you.

Tiki,

I would appreciate the name of a cafe or nice bar to meet up with friends. After we have drinks, we will go to the roulettes for dinner around 6:30.

ALSO: On a Friday and Saturday, what hours can we purchase bottles of wine at Carrafours?:)

The Carrefour markets usually stay open until 8 am - 8pm on Friday and are open 9am-12pm on Saturday. A few stay open later on Saturday like the largest one in Punaauia which is open until 8pm on Saturdays.

Across the street from the Roulottes location are a few street side cafes/bars .......... a place to enjoy a drink.

A good meeting place is either somewhere on the ship, the entrance gate to the docks or there is a large gazebo/stage next to the Roulottes, you can't miss it ........

gazebo_zps93abc185.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti

1000 feet from the gate where you leave the ship area to the entrance of the Le Marche.

Remember the Roulottes don't open until around 6pm

ShipareaTahiti_zps79873204.jpg

Thanks!! You've been a great help planning my upcoming trip.

La orana Tiki,

The maps help orient us to the area. We arrive April 3 and sail April 5. Staying at Intercontinental. I have read somewhere, there are time restrictions on purchasing bottles of wine. Not after 6:30 pm, not on Sundays and other times.

Guess we will check when we get there. Touring on April 4, so could stop that day.

Thank you!

I usually stay at the IC Tahiti and walk to the Moana Nui market place, about a 20 minute walk. I always go in the morning and usually on a Friday so I've never had an issue when buying wine/beer.

Our normal scenario is taking the red eye out of LAX on a Thursday night, arriving in Tahiti Friday early am, head over to the IC Tahiti, leave our bags at the front desk area while we walk to the Moana Nui, grab our beer/wine and snacks and walk back to the IC, check into our room and relax .......

Edited by Tikiintahiti