Itinerary opinions needed

CrusingwithM6

we have been on both cruises but i loved grand cayman! we did the stingray swim tour and it will alwasy be one of the best times ever.. the water is just so beautiful... we also did the "hell town" and rum factory.. all was fun... if you like to be close to the water i think the breeze has a cove balcony.. we had one on the magic and loved loved it.. its so close to the water you can see the flying fish jump right out of the water !! so private too... enjoy.. either one is fun....

For the ship, definitely the Triumph. I went from the Triumph to the Breeze just 5 months apart, and I found myself disappointed in the Breeze. Many things that I had & loved on the Triumph were not on the Breeze. With the addition of more bars came the removal of many other things. However, Breeze did have more & better waterslides, plus the 4D theater was fun.

However, for the itinerary, the Breeze's is much better. Grand Cayman is a great port, far better than Progreso. But I still don't understand people not feeling safe in Progreso. I have been there many times and have never felt unsafe. My party & I have often taken the free bus into town, and walked around the town & hung out on the beach. I never saw any military where we were walking. Only along certain checkpoints on the pier, which we only drove passed. Plus, if you do a Chichen Itza excursion through Carnival, you will start your tour at the ship, head straight for the ruins, and head back to the ship. You will never even set foot in the town, which is where others have apparently felt unsafe. So that's irrelevant for you.

Do you think you'll ever get to fly to Mexico (Cancun or Playa del Carmen) for a vacation? If so, go with the Breeze & do the ruins on that future trip. Do you think you might be able to take more cruises in the future? If so, I would say to do the Triumph first, since many of the nice things on Triumph will soon be going away (and the Breeze's style appears to be spreading), plus you never know when they might restrict Chichen Itza even more. You already cannot climb on anything there. We did Uxmal ruins from Progreso, and you could climb on plenty there, and I really enjoyed that. All of my ruins excursions have been long rides & only a couple hours at the site. Yeah, you wish you had more time, but that's just the way it is when doing it from a cruise. If that's not enough time, then the cruise stop option will not work. You'll have to fly.

Archived