Shore Excursion Group and Playa Mia

moesyk4

I've seen posted a few times a link to Shore Excursion Group's sale of Playa Mia passes. As has been mentioned before, on Playa Mia's own website they direct you to the cruise ship to purchase.

I was curious if there anyone who had already sailed and had used Shore Excursion Group to purchase...how did it work? It seemed from their website that you take taxis there and then pick up your tickets...is someone waiting or are they just there at the desk? If so, did they give you a hard time about coming from a cruise ship? Thanks so much!

Because, CLEARLY anybody who has done this excursion has not been checking the Cozumel board lately...

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

From reading this independent excursion site (not sure if this is the one you are asking about) you catch a cab to Playa Mia and your tickets will be there.

When you click on this website, a pop up box comes up in a few seconds, for you to leave your phone number so they can call you back to answer any questions you have. (such as exact details about picking up tickets)

Now as for the question about just walking up to Playa Mia and purchasing tickets.

I've read a bunch of reports where people just walked up and were never asked if they arrived on a cruise ship.

Then I've read a bunch of reports where people were asked if they arrived on a cruise ship, and the people just said they were staying at _______ hotel on the island, to get around the cruise ships, stranglehold on the excursions.

Bill

Archived