LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

We changed our mind and are going to head to the Adagio Dining Room on Deck 3.

More later...

Trainman-2 looks like you are going to have a beautiful day in labadee! Those pictures are breathtaking.

Can you please report back on the service you received this morning at breakfast? I've read a lot of reviews recently that says breakfast is taking over an hour. Just curious if you experience this? :confused:

Breakfast in the MDR was Excellent!

Service was good. We sat with two other couples and ordered from the menu. It took us about an hour for the entire meal, start to finish.

One of the couples went to the buffet, got their food, and was done in about 25 minutes. They hung out for 20 more minutes of conversation.

Can you figure our which breakfast is who's?

DSCN0204_zps5df81d3e.jpg

DSCN0205_zps1d648740.jpg

ZOWIE!

A Boat Parade!

The first time we have ever seen this. It was really neat!

FSCN0199_zps99a99cee.jpg

FSCN0201_zps6bb18f25.jpg

FSCN0203_zps94520603.jpg

That is cool!! It appears that they have to move the jet skis from their secure location to the area where the folks will use them for excursions everyday. I have seen young kids heading to the beach by boat after we sailed away just to collect lost sunglasses, lotion or tee shirts-things that we would leave behind and think was virtually worthless, so something valuable like a jet ski needs to be under lock and key somewhere.

Dinner in the Windjammer

WOW! Just WOW!

Carved Tenderloin of Beef

FSCN0157_zps5743f1d6.jpg

My dinner included Beef Tenderloin, Roast Duck, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Lobster Bisque, Red Cabbage, and an unknown vegetable dish.

DSCN0154_zps5f5ab229.jpg

Judith had a Hamburger with Mushrooms, Seafood Salad, Watermelon with Cantelope and Kiwi and her favorite Sour Dough Rolls.

DSCN0155_zpsc21db0dc.jpg

It was calm and quiet. We didn't see a single kid.

The Senior Staff was there wandering from table to table making sure everyone was happy.

As we were getting ready to leave I herd another couple comment on how attentive everyone was. We agree! It was a wonderful dinner.

On the way our we spotted this really nice carved watermelon.

FSCN0160_zps8ace3255.jpg

Shhhhh! T-Man! Let's keep dinner in WJ a secret! We LOVE it!

Just kidding! We dont cruise enough to keep it a secret. Many will still go to MDR with all the kids! Restless kids, I might add!

The Stumble Shirt Story

We went ashore at Labadee this morning primarily for Judith to shop in the Straw Market area.

While we were on the pier waiting for two guys to show up with wheel chairs for us I walked over to the "Site Manager" who was sitting in a Kubota "Side-by-Side" just like the one I have at home. I chatted him up a bit and told him a lot about the Kubota that he didn't know. I asked him if I could borrow it for the day but all I got was a smile.

About 10 minutes later he came driving by and I asked for a ride. Judith and I squeezed in and he took us to the Straw Market.

We went here first but Judith didn't see anything she liked.

FSCN0207_zps9706cb68.jpg

But as we were resting on a low wall, she saw a local guy wearing a really nice embroidered denim shirt. I asked him where he got it and he offered to take us there.

He and Judith were walking faster than me so I let them go ahead and when they went into a shop I sat on another wall to rest. A few moments later, I caught a strange rapid movement from the corner of my eye but when I looked, nothing seemed to be going on.

It turned out that Judith missed a step and stumbled into a room full of paintings, knocking them everywhere, and hitting her head. She is OK, wounded more in dignity than reality but still a bit sore.

Here they are coming out of the place.

DSCN0214_zpsd8dd5bd0.jpg

And here is Judith, back in the cabin, showing off what we now call "the Stumble Shirt!"

FSCN0224_zpsf91b3e72.jpg

Judith is really pleased with the shirt which was hand embroidered by a little old Haitian Lady.

We had lunch in the Windjammer shortly after we returned to the ship. Judith had eaten half of hers by the time I got my cheese burger and hot dog assembled and ready to photograph. I don't like to post photos of half eaten stuff.

Here is mine and, if you look close, you can see the edge of a bowl of really good Shrimp and Lobster Bisque.

DSCN0225_zpscef14543.jpg

Archived