The Gem and Trans-Bridge busses

Gregor4500

Sailing on the gem out of NYC in November.

Departure is at 4:00 and Trans- Bridge bus from Bethlehem PA is scheduled to arrive at 1:00. When returning itinerary says back in NY at 10:00 am. Bus departs at 11:00 or 11:30. Also NCL says debarkation begins two hours after arrival. This all seems to be cutting it close. Anyone done this? Bus also makes a pick up in Clinton NJ.

I like to arrive earlier so that we can have lunch after boarding. Arriving I NY at 1PM might get you on the ship too late for that. Sounds like your on the 9 day Gem cruise. I've read that, although they have the arrival time at 10AM the ships docks much earlier, usually by 8AM.

Have you looked into the Beiber Bus from that area? I think they might have more times to choose from. I don't know if they stop in Bethlehem but they stop in some towns nearby.

I like to arrive earlier so that we can have lunch after boarding. Arriving I NY at 1PM might get you on the ship too late for that. Sounds like your on the 9 day Gem cruise. I've read that, although they have the arrival time at 10AM the ships docks much earlier, usually by 8AM.

Have you looked into the Beiber Bus from that area? I think they might have more times to choose from. I don't know if they stop in Bethlehem but they stop in some towns nearby.

Thanks I'll check them out.

The schedule looks like plenty of time to me. The bus only goes to / from the ship terminal if you make an advance reservation.

If you want to arrive or get home earlier, you can take a regular Trans Bridge or Bieber from LV to Port Authority. It is a short cab ride to the pier from there.

Bieber goes from Wescosville. I don't think they go to the pier, just Port Authority. As I said, check on Sunday and I'll let you know how it went. We are going on Saturday :).

Al - I am also interested in how it goes. Are you parking at the bus terminal in Bethlehem?

Davy, we are. The first three days are free, then it's $5 a day. They sell the tickets specific to a cruise (they have a list of all sailings). You can purchase your parking permit when you get the ticket or later. (Recommend that you get it before the day of sailing). You can park at the building to unload luggage, then must go to a designated parking area. (If you're familiar with the place, it's in a fenced in area behind the main buildings). You get a tag to hang on your mirror.

I liked to drive to port to save time and leave and return when I want to. But parking in Manhattan is up to $35 a day, which adds up quickly on a 10 day cruise. I only learned about the Trans Bridge Bus last year when my car got flooded out while parked at the Royal pier in Bayonne during Hurricane Sandy. The bus was a life saver to get home.

From now on, it the bus for me. The only decision is whether to use the pier bus, or take a regular run to Port Authority and taxi to the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks I'll check them out.

We have used TransBridge busess for all our cruises. We never have a problem with the timing. They will ask you to be 45 minutes early, and if everyone is there early, they will leave. We always arrive at port around 12:30. The day of disembarktion, the bus will wait for the passengers on their list. We have never had a problem, and the convenience is great! I would tell you to go for it...put your luggage on the bus, don't have to worry about it again until it shows up at your cabin.

Vert rarely do the stop in Clinton, and if they do it is only like a 5 minute stop and no one is allowed off the bus. Pick up the passengers and you are on your way.

Archived