Hurricane Dennis

Hazeleyez3- Did Carnival say if the Imagination was going to get to Miami on time. We are suppose to be on the Imagination tomorrow also. We fly out in the morning and was wondering what to expect when we get there. Thanks. Madmom

Hazeleyez3- Did Carnival say if the Imagination was going to get to Miami on time. We are suppose to be on the Imagination tomorrow also. We fly out in the morning and was wondering what to expect when we get there. Thanks. Madmom

I doubt they have specifics on arrival right now, since this storm is still unpredictable... could be fine, but might not. Carnival usually waits until as late as they can to make decisions... I would suggest keeping an eye on their website for changes... anything else at this point is speculation. I would imagine they would start making some decisions late this afternoon. They will do everything they can to have a safe voyage for those that are on the ship now... so if they have to stay out an extra day to avoid the hurricane, they will... hopefully they won't have to. Good luck.

Yikes..and I thought cruising in July would be off season for Hurricanes.

Way too many tropical disturbances in less than a couple of weeks. What a record breaker.

Im hoping my sailing on July 24 is smooth, last year we hit that famous "Cold Front" that caused the Legend to list to one side momentarily. I saw alot of sea sick people.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

With Cindy now on land, we really need to concentrate on this one - I wish I could make it go away!

Me TOO. We have the pedal to the metal steaming back to Tampa as I type!

We hope to be docked by 230am. I worry about flying home to IAD tomorrow at 4pm and HOPE to be able to get the 11AM flight out but am not hopeful on that score.

Seas are a little choppy with some white caps. Not bad and all, yet!

Pray for all of us on ships coming and going!

I stand Corrected. Maybe I should say,,Yikes....I forgot its hurricane season.

Im not used to hearing bout hurricanes this early in the season.Ive gotten a false sense of security. :eek:

I stand Corrected. Maybe I should say,,Yikes....I forgot its hurricane season.

Im not used to hearing bout hurricanes this early in the season.Ive gotten a false sense of security. :eek:

LOL, that probably would have been better! ;) They definitely happen in July... and June... heck, there have been some in April and May outside of the season...

This one is a bad one... my prayers are with everyone in the path of this horrible storm :(

LOL, that probably would have been better! ;) They definitely happen in July... and June... heck, there have been some in April and May outside of the season...

This one is a bad one... my prayers are with everyone in the path of this horrible storm :(

I understand a new one just spun off of Africa today. You may want to save a few prayers for yourselves in NC as they seem to go up the Atlantic coast alot when they form from over there.

Tropical Weather Update

July 8, 2005 – 1:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Dennis. At Carnival, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. All of our ships currently operating in the Western Caribbean will maintain a safe distance from the storm at all times. We have made some changes to the itineraries for the current cruises on the Sensation, Imagination, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Victory and Carnival Miracle.

We have also been evaluating the impact of the storm on our departures this weekend from Miami, Port Canaveral, Tampa, Mobile and New Orleans. The following information is provided for general guidance, however it is based on the current forecasted path and speed of the storm. It is important to understand that this information could change based on any adjustments to the forecast for this storm.

Miami and Port Canaveral: We do not anticipate any changes to departures from these ports.

Tampa:

Inspiration (7/9/05): The ship is expected to debark guests from the 7/4/05 cruise on a normal schedule. Guests sailing on the 7/9/05 cruise will also embark on the normal schedule. The ship is then expected to remain in Tampa until local weather conditions allow for a safe departure. Some changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required depending on the actual departure time.

Carnival Miracle (7/10/05): Arrival into Tampa from the 7/3/05 cruise may be delayed until 4:00 PM or after. Embarkation for guests sailing on the 7/10/05 cruise may also be delayed. We will provide additional information on any changes by 2:00 PM on Saturday.

Mobile:

Holiday (7/9/05): The ship is expected to debark guests from the 7/4/05 cruise on a normal schedule. We now request guests sailing on the 7/9/05 cruise to arrive in Mobile between 9:00 AM and 12 Noon. The ship may be required to depart as early as 1:00 PM.

New Orleans:

Carnival Conquest (7/10/05): We are anticipating that there will changes required to the arrival from the 7/3/05 cruise and the departure of the 7/10/05 cruise. These changes will be dependent on the decision by local authorities to close the entrance to the Mississippi River. We will provide additional information on any changes by 2:00 PM on Saturday.

Carnival is committed to providing our guests with a safe and enjoyable cruise experience.

I understand a new one just spun off of Africa today. You may want to save a few prayers for yourselves in NC as they seem to go up the Atlantic coast alot when they form from over there.

We've been watching that disturbance off of Africa... and yes, some of our doozies have been ones that have come from that direction... it's going to be a very active hurricane season this year... I'm afraid this year may make last year look mild, which scares me for all of us :(

Pulled this from the NOAA site. Dennis is going to be nasty. Please be safe everyone!

WTNT64 KNHC 081910

TCUAT4

HURRICANE DENNIS TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

310 PM EDT FRI JUL 08 2005

REPORTS FROM THE CUBAN METEOROLOGICAL SERVICE AND CIVIL DEFENSE

THROUGH HAM RADIO OPERATORS INDICATE A WIND GUST TO 149 MPH

OCCURRED AT CIENFUEGOS CUBA AROUND 130 PM EDT. MORE THAN 85 PERCENT

OF THE POWERLINES WERE DOWN AND EXTENSIVE DAMAGE HAS OCCURRED TO

THE COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE.

FORECASTER STEWART

So far - the word is we (on the Miracle) will leave Cozumel at midnight... they have brought all the deck chairs INSIDE... obviously expecting a rough ride.

The Conquest left around 7pm... not sure where they were going, but they spent 2 days in Cozumel...

time will tell...:eek:

I have never worn a PATCH.... and prior to this, we have always brought them.. but NOT THIS TIME... geesh:(

Tom and Cheryl

Do not book cruise in summer!!! Of course with our luck there will still be hurricanes around at Thanksgiving...they will probably have to start the alphabet all over again....Stay safe all of you that are on ships and flying/driving to get on one...Florida gets crazy !!!:rolleyes:

Tom and Cheryl,

Thanks for the info on the Conquest...we are booked to sail on her on Sunday 7/10, that is of course if she can make her way back up the Mississippi!!

Safe journey home to all and let's hope for the best as to where Dennis decides to touch land.

Kim

We've been watching that disturbance off of Africa... and yes, some of our doozies have been ones that have come from that direction... it's going to be a very active hurricane season this year... I'm afraid this year may make last year look mild, which scares me for all of us :(

Are you watching the disturbance off of Africa on a website? I'm not sailing until September but have been searching for a site that shows tropical storms, etc. as they are forming.

Mobile:

Holiday (7/9/05): The ship is expected to debark guests from the 7/4/05 cruise on a normal schedule. We now request guests sailing on the 7/9/05 cruise to arrive in Mobile between 9:00 AM and 12 Noon. The ship may be required to depart as early as 1:00 PM.

Just watched the Holiday leave Mobile. Dark clouds behind the ship (first of the feeder bands) and sunny skies to the south. Looks like they left just in time. I saw the ship from the Eastern Shore (Fairhope) sailing south at 2:30pm.

On the Miracle... heading to Tampa... THROUGH THE GULF...

40 +Knot winds... quite rough... blowing whitecaps everywhere - we should be

OK though...

This is definitely an ODD last sea day - but I DID make it to the SUNDAE BAR already...:D

Tom

On the Miracle... heading to Tampa... THROUGH THE GULF...

40 +Knot winds... quite rough... blowing whitecaps everywhere - we should be

OK though...

This is definitely an ODD last sea day - but I DID make it to the SUNDAE BAR already...:D

Tom

Thanks for the updates!

Archived