Cayo Laventado on RCC

Whitnee1

I have read that on NCL you get discounted tender tickets to get to and from the beach at your leisure. The RCC web site only indicates a 4 hour excursion. Can you stay as long as you want through the RCC excursion and catch any of the tenders back to the dock?

Edited by Whitnee1

I have read that on NCL you get discounted tender tickets to get to and from the beach at your leisure. The RCC web site only indicates a 4 hour excursion. Can you stay as long as you want through the RCC excursion and catch any of the tenders back to the dock?

Yes, you can stay as long as you want, or until the last tender. I do not know why Norwegian lets you go there for so much less money though and RCL does not.

• 4 months later...
Yes, you can stay as long as you want, or until the last tender. I do not know why Norwegian lets you go there for so much less money though and RCL does not.

Seriously! Last year on NCL we went to Cayo Levantado for $14 pp. This year on RCCL we're looking at $55 pp. That's just crazy! It's making me rethink what I want to do there...if anything.

Cindy

Seriously! Last year on NCL we went to Cayo Levantado for $14 pp. This year on RCCL we're looking at $55 pp. That's just crazy! It's making me rethink what I want to do there...if anything.

Cindy

Is it really worth going to we are on the 3/11/14 cruise on the Explorer have no idea what to do we arrive at 11:00 am and leave at 6:00 pm. We are thinking this is a wasted stop and might just stay on the ship what do you think?

Thanks Bob

Is it really worth going to we are on the 3/11/14 cruise on the Explorer have no idea what to do we arrive at 11:00 am and leave at 6:00 pm. We are thinking this is a wasted stop and might just stay on the ship what do you think?

Thanks Bob

Hey Bob! We're on that same cruise! Have you joined the Roll Call for that cruise yet. If not and you're interested, here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627569. There's a ton of us on there that's why I'm not sure if you're already on there.

Anyway, I guess it all depends on how much you like private islands. It's a nice beach to spend the day. Pretty water, pretty view, hopefully nice weather, chairs, sand, and I think they even had hammocks. There's mediocre food...hamburgers if I remember correctly and, of course, alcohol. It really is a nice beach day, and we've actually gone ahead and booked it and will go unless the weather is bad, but $55 is alot of money for 4 hours on a beach. For what it is it ought not to be more than $20 or $25 pp, but they're all out for the money.

Hope to see you on the Roll Call thread and also at the Meet and Mingle!

Cindy

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Bob! We're on that same cruise! Have you joined the Roll Call for that cruise yet. If not and you're interested, here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627569. There's a ton of us on there that's why I'm not sure if you're already on there.

Anyway, I guess it all depends on how much you like private islands. It's a nice beach to spend the day. Pretty water, pretty view, hopefully nice weather, chairs, sand, and I think they even had hammocks. There's mediocre food...hamburgers if I remember correctly and, of course, alcohol. It really is a nice beach day, and we've actually gone ahead and booked it and will go unless the weather is bad, but $55 is alot of money for 4 hours on a beach. For what it is it ought not to be more than $20 or $25 pp, but they're all out for the money.

Hope to see you on the Roll Call thread and also at the Meet and Mingle!

Cindy

We like to do a beach we posted this on our cruise roll call but did not get that much of a response would like to go but is there an other way of getting there besides the ships excursion.

Thanks Bob

We like to do a beach we posted this on our cruise roll call but did not get that much of a response would like to go but is there an other way of getting there besides the ships excursion.

Thanks Bob

To be honest I'm not sure if there's a way to get there on your own or not. We're big on your owners, but it's soooo easy to do it from the ship, that I don't even think it would be worth it to try to do this on your own in Samana. You go directly from the ship to the island via boat. You'd have to tender in just to get to wherever you need to go to take a boat over to the island. Just not worth it to me even though it's WAY overpriced.

Cindy

To be honest I'm not sure if there's a way to get there on your own or not. We're big on your owners, but it's soooo easy to do it from the ship, that I don't even think it would be worth it to try to do this on your own in Samana. You go directly from the ship to the island via boat. You'd have to tender in just to get to wherever you need to go to take a boat over to the island. Just not worth it to me even though it's WAY overpriced.

Cindy

Seems like we might just stay on the ship to much money to just lay on a beach for a few hours I can do that on the ship.