Epic side by side balconies

lostone65

We are sailing on the Epic in December in balconies 10023 and 10025, does anyone know if the partitions open between the balconies? We would like to have one big balcony between the two cabins.

NCL's policy is no open partitions with the possible exception of during port days.

really no open partitions? rccl has no issues there...

any one with pictures of where the door would be connecting the rooms?

When we were on the Star we noticed does in the partitions on the balcony. There wasn't connecting doors in the room itself. We were in a mini suite.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Really? Why is that? Seems like an odd policy.

It seems to be a safety issue. Those "doors" are quite heavy and could cause severe damage if they slammed shut against a body part.

My understanding is that those " doors" were put there to make maintenance activities easier for the crew.

I thought I read somewhere that it's a fire safety precaution. You will find a multitude of answers to this question - I've read where the steward opened the dividers.. passengers opened it themselves.. port days only... entire cruise.. on and on. Maybe the location of the cabins has something to do with it (shrug). We have three aft-facing cabins on the Breakaway and we're hoping that we may be able to have at least two of the dividers opened, especially because we'll be in docked in port for 3 days.

We are sailing on the Epic in December in balconies 10023 and 10025, does anyone know if the partitions open between the balconies? We would like to have one big balcony between the two cabins.

In the past, they would allow the partitions opened while in port. That is no longer the case now, and they will not open them at all.

We were on the Dawn in July and the steward could not open the partitions due to fire safety regulations. They had opened for us on Carnival so I was surprised they couldn't on NCL. No big deal though, just a minor inconvenience. My family of 5 had a great time so we booked the GEM while on board.

Sorry you did not receive the answer you wanted. :rolleyes:

I'm ok with not receiving the answer I wanted. I am the curious sort and since I got a few different answers I want to find out which are correct. I figured others would want to know also. I'm always ok with a"No you can't do that" as long as I know the reasoning behind it. :D

We were on the Dawn in July and the steward could not open the partitions due to fire safety regulations. They had opened for us on Carnival so I was surprised they couldn't on NCL. No big deal though, just a minor inconvenience. My family of 5 had a great time so we booked the GEM while on board.

Thanks. Fire hazard seems to be the answer from most. It will in no way impact my fun and enjoyment with it closed. I already have another cruise booked after this one and I'm in the process of researching for August 2014. Lol

Archived