Rony vs Victor for Zip and Dip

kat4282

Has anyone used Rony's Tours for the South Shore Zip and Dip? I am noticing some price discrepancies on the website when trying to book. It shows one price and then when you go to book it asks you what beach access you want and it would add 10-30.00 more per person. I am going to email tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone has had recent experience. We are either going through Rony or Victor and it looks like the Southshore zipline is a little bit better. We do want to stay close to west bay and I thought the beach price would be worked into the excursion. Or I figured they would drop you off at a free entrance. Both seem to have the same base price. Any tips would be appreciated as I continue to research more before making our final decision.

Has anyone used Rony's Tours for the South Shore Zip and Dip? I am noticing some price discrepancies on the website when trying to book. It shows one price and then when you go to book it asks you what beach access you want and it would add 10-30.00 more per person. I am going to email tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone has had recent experience. We are either going through Rony or Victor and it looks like the Southshore zipline is a little bit better. We do want to stay close to west bay and I thought the beach price would be worked into the excursion. Or I figured they would drop you off at a free entrance. Both seem to have the same base price. Any tips would be appreciated as I continue to research more before making our final decision.

I have never used Rony but use Victor Bodden. His tours mentions an additional charge of $10 to $40 pp when going to the beach. This is the resort fee that you have to pay. As an example, in April when I asked about going to Infinity Bay, the resort fee was $25. So instead we went to one that was $10. This gave us access to the resort, use of facilities and a beach chair. These fees vary depending on the time of year and the resort that you go to. Victor spells out these additional costs on his website. Not too sure why Rony's tour does not spell it out. Victor in their Fun N'Sun tour, which is a shared bus, take people to Bannarama resort which costs $10.

Was looking for a cruise next year (if the stars align!) Boden's Zip-n-Dip and Fun-n-Sun now include Bananarama as part of the tour! I think this is a change from last year, when we had to pay for Bananarama...

Getting excited, now if I can get the other half to get excited, too!

Was looking for a cruise next year (if the stars align!) Boden's Zip-n-Dip and Fun-n-Sun now include Bananarama as part of the tour! I think this is a change from last year, when we had to pay for Bananarama...

Getting excited, now if I can get the other half to get excited, too!

That is why I book victor for $65 pp I get the Zip and Dip is at West Bay Beach according to my confirmation by them.

• 4 months later...
We did explore zip and Splash. Guide all day zip south shore and beach at Taybana. $65/per

Was that through shoreexcursionsgroup dot com?

Has anyone ever just tried to go on one of these excusrions the day you get there or are reservations required? Last year I made a reservation but I'm wondering if I'd get a better price if I just went that morning to see what's available.

We've gone with Rony of Ronystours.com four times. He is AWESOME! The variation in price is due to the varied fees that the resorts charge. They are on the same stretch of beach but offer different amenities. I recommend booking Rony's Freestyle tour. You will have your own driver for the whole day. It's really nice to be able to stop as you like for photos, shopping, food, etc. We prefer South Shore Canopy - excellent guides and new safety equipment.

Just our preference, but we prefer to patronize Rony. He has a small family-operated business. He takes great pride in making sure each family has a spectacular day. If he doesn't personally drive you - he will meet you and introduce you to his family member or friend that will be your driver for the day. Victor is a wealthy, large company owner with lots of vehicles and property in Roatan. We know Rony has great service and just prefer to use someone like him every time we visit.

We've gone with Rony of Ronystours.com four times. He is AWESOME! The variation in price is due to the varied fees that the resorts charge. They are on the same stretch of beach but offer different amenities. I recommend booking Rony's Freestyle tour. You will have your own driver for the whole day. It's really nice to be able to stop as you like for photos, shopping, food, etc. We prefer South Shore Canopy - excellent guides and new safety equipment.

Just our preference, but we prefer to patronize Rony. He has a small family-operated business. He takes great pride in making sure each family has a spectacular day. If he doesn't personally drive you - he will meet you and introduce you to his family member or friend that will be your driver for the day. Victor is a wealthy, large company owner with lots of vehicles and property in Roatan. We know Rony has great service and just prefer to use someone like him every time we visit.

I agree. Rony does a great tour and personalizes it any way you want.

Most of Victor's tours include the monkey stop which I found was really a requirement for most tours as this is where his house is and where the drivers account for the fees collected. We asked to bypass (and had paid by credit card before hand) but were told "I have to make a quick visit." Took over 25 min.