Any recent Pride 9b cruisers?

pfleer

Getting anxious for our cruise in 28 days!! Anyone recently been in one of the 9bs on the pride? We are booked in 6279. Wondering if they have flat screens yet?

We are on the same cruise :) can't wait Baltimore here we come

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did have a nice cruise, but it was not our favorite. it's our fault. We should have known that we would have 3 wasted days at sea due to cold weather sailing in February. Once we got to FL, the weather was perfect. The sea was much rougher than what we are normally used to going out of Miami. We found ourselves bored and wondering what to get in too, but i'm sure during nice weather, that wouldn't be the case. The service was amazing, food delicious, shows were great. My only thing that i didn't like was how spread out the food was on the lido deck. We were used to ships having the lunch buffet food so close together, and with the Pride, it goes the whole way from the back of the ship to mid ship to get chicken fingers and fries. Again, we had a great time, and I'm sure you will too. Spent the day at Magic Kingdom while in Port Canaveral and worth every cent that we spent!! here are the pictures that i promised :) o and the last 1 is of our "memories" photo shoot that we did. Definately worth the money!!

600938_4447915391325_1330472307_n.jpg

544513_4447914671307_1369634975_n.jpg

557895_4519772027696_697378291_n.jpg

529308_4447914271297_1946670979_n.jpg

377748_4484490745686_557409043_n.jpg

Thank you so much for posting!! I, too, am a little worried about the weather sailing out of Baltimore in October. I'm guessing it will be in the 70s, which is a bit chilly when sailing. Oh well, its still a cruise!

BTW, the last picture is absolutely adorable! We also have 2 girls, ages 7 and 4.

Our DD's were 5 and 9 on this cruise. The memories photo shoot was awesome. We did it on Monday, and only 40 degrees, but we made the best of it. If you can afford them, i would suggest doing it. We spent $300 on 14 8x10's. The top package is $3000. We had talked some time of having family pictures done so when we saw the opportunity to do them on the boat, we went for it.

Camp Carnival was absolutely the best. My daughters showed no interest in Camp Carnival their 2 previous sailings on the Destiny, but they constantly wanted to be in camp this time. We limited them for 2 hours at a time and actually was great for sea days when there was not alot to do, due to cold weather. The pools were also heated and covered, so they were in full use. Again, I'm quite sure our outlook on the cruise would have been better if it would have been warmer, but we knew that going on. The ocean was great and perfect to swim in Nassau and Freeport, so you should have no worries there.

Please be warned that the boat has many pictures all over the place of naked girls, so if you girls are traveling with you, maybe prepare them ahead of time.

Here is a collage we did on the wall of our photo shoot.

66100_4524574907765_1647831070_n.jpg

Hi There,

I did a ship inspection the beginning of this month on the Pride and we got to inspect your specific cabin. =-) There is a blog written about it, some pics of camp Carnival and YES- your cabin (scroll to the bottom for pics and scroll over the pic for the cabin numbers). The main focus of this tour was to get an idea of the décor with the "Art Deco" and less dressed women around. So please be aware we took some of these pics to give others the same view we saw as we had a "mad dash" around the ship during the ship inspection. Happy reading and enjoy the pics!! It's a great cabin...I'm envious.

http://blog.workorplaytravel.com

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across this post because we just booked this cabin for our cruise in May 2014. This is our first time sailing Carnival and looking at these pictures it looks like we picked a great cabin!

Sandpiper (I hope you still check this thread :)) I was wondering since you have the 2 little girls, did this room have a pull down bed. I thought I saw somewhere online that it did, but none of the pictures I saw seem to show it. We will be traveling with our 2 littles aged 5 and 3. If there is no pull down bed were both of your girls able to sleep on the sofa?

Also what is this photo "memories" photo shoot? Is this something we can book ahead of time? Where can I find out more on it? The photos you had taken of your family are amazing!

Thanks!!!

I stumbled across this post because we just booked this cabin for our cruise in May 2014. This is our first time sailing Carnival and looking at these pictures it looks like we picked a great cabin!

Sandpiper (I hope you still check this thread :)) I was wondering since you have the 2 little girls, did this room have a pull down bed. I thought I saw somewhere online that it did, but none of the pictures I saw seem to show it. We will be traveling with our 2 littles aged 5 and 3. If there is no pull down bed were both of your girls able to sleep on the sofa?

Also what is this photo "memories" photo shoot? Is this something we can book ahead of time? Where can I find out more on it? The photos you had taken of your family are amazing!

Thanks!!!

Hi...hopefuly Sandpiper responds about the photo shoot (which we haven't done), but I can respond as to the cabin.

6279 sleeps 4, and yes there is a pull-down from the ceiling above the couch. Your room steward normally unmakes the couch each morning, and re-makes it during the turn-down process at night...they do the same with the upper by unmaking it and retracting it back into the ceiling. However, if your girls still nap during the day, or would like the chance to lie down for a rest, just ask the room steward to leave the beds made up and not to retrack the pull-down. This actually makes it less work for them, so they are happy to accommodate.

Storage: The dresser at the end of these single beds will work well for the girls to keep their stuff in, and it will provide them with easy access. Within the sliding cupboard doors, you will have 2 areas to hang items (lower and upper), and there is also a set of shelves at the end closest to the washroom. There is another closet just to the right of the entry door, across from the 'credenza' area for hanging long items (ie dresses etc).

Access: You have the aft elevators immediately around the corner from your door, but we never heard anything that would disturb.

We had this cabin 2x on the Miracle, and would love to book it again for our Hawaii cruise in April, but it is just too cost prohibitive. :(

Have a fantastic cruise, and enjoy the cabin

Edited by K&P Luv2Cruise

• 1 month later...
You had 6279 on miracle??

We have it booked for March, but are considering switching to a suite. It's our family of 4- kids are 9&11.

Any pros/cons??

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really can't say enough about this cabin...fantastic floor space that you won't see in a suite. We had our then 19yr old DD and 24yr old DS with us that last time, and we found there was still plenty of room.

Here are links to 2 other threads where I had attached pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1506965&page=3

Post #8 & 9 I think.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1504246

and Post #16 here

You won't have any noise from the elevators, and it is a convenient location to get to the aft Serenity area on Lido, and the main entrance to the Main Dining Room (Deck 2).

When we did our roll-call cabin crawl (11-26-11), the comments were...wow, large balcony, huge room, it's a square layout, awesome view. My aunt and uncle had the room above us (7301), and the layout is the same.

Really can't say enough about this cabin...fantastic floor space that you won't see in a suite. We had our then 19yr old DD and 24yr old DS with us that last time, and we found there was still plenty of room.

Here are links to 2 other threads where I had attached pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1506965&page=3

Post #8 & 9 I think.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1504246

and Post #16 here

You won't have any noise from the elevators, and it is a convenient location to get to the aft Serenity area on Lido, and the main entrance to the Main Dining Room (Deck 2).

When we did our roll-call cabin crawl (11-26-11), the comments were...wow, large balcony, huge room, it's a square layout, awesome view. My aunt and uncle had the room above us (7301), and the layout is the same.

THANK YOU!!! I think we will stick with it!!!