Shore excursion or Taxi?

Shelly196731

While in Cozumel, my husband and I want to visit the San Gersvio Ruins and take a tour of the chocolate factory. I have one of two choices. I can book a shore excursion ($60 per person) to the Mayan Ruins, which includes transportation, entry and the tour guide, then we go to a beach. This shore excursion is scheduled to have us back at the pier at noon. Then we would take a cab ($20) from the pier to go to a chocolate factory tour.

The second option would be to hire a taxi to take us to the Mayan Ruins, then take us to the chocolate factory. Which would be recommended?

The shore excursion list the time at 8:00-12:00. Is the timeframe accurate? we are schedule to tour the chocolate factory at 1 and need to be there on time.

If we take the shore excursion and it appears that the shore excursion is running behind, can we take a taxi from the beach to the chocolate factory?

Has anyone been on the Mayan Ruins & beach tour with Carnival Liberty?

While in Cozumel, my husband and I want to visit the San Gersvio Ruins and take a tour of the chocolate factory. I have one of two choices. I can book a shore excursion ($60 per person) to the Mayan Ruins, which includes transportation, entry and the tour guide, then we go to a beach. This shore excursion is scheduled to have us back at the pier at noon. Then we would take a cab ($20) from the pier to go to a chocolate factory tour.

The second option would be to hire a taxi to take us to the Mayan Ruins, then take us to the chocolate factory. Which would be recommended?

The shore excursion list the time at 8:00-12:00. Is the timeframe accurate? we are schedule to tour the chocolate factory at 1 and need to be there on time.

If we take the shore excursion and it appears that the shore excursion is running behind, can we take a taxi from the beach to the chocolate factory?

Has anyone been on the Mayan Ruins & beach tour with Carnival Liberty?

Since you don't say WHEN you will be in Cozumel....

Just remember, Carnival is one of the cruiselines who do NOT change ship's time to local time.

So depending on where you depart from, if it is Florida, you will stay on eastern time and your ship excursion will be on eastern time.

While your chocolate factory excursion, if you booked on your own, will be on central time.

Plus Mexico is still springing ahead and falling back on daylight savings time, on the old schedule, not the US version that W. changed us to years ago. (dumbest thing)

So for instance, in March the US will spring ahead an hour, while Mexico does not spring ahead until the first Saturday of April.

So for that month Cozumel time will be 2 hours behind ship's time for Carnival ships leaving a Florida port and 1 hour behind Carnival ships leaving New Orleans or Galveston. (even though they are all Central time zone)

Just something to figure into your time calculations if your cruise falls into either the month where the clocks fall back or the month where they spring ahead.

Honestly, depending on the time of year, the time difference might work in your favor.

Bill

I believe it would be 7 to 11 cosumel time. We were there sept 5th and rented a driver through tours plaza. I would get a taxi or hire a driver. If you want the tour for the choc. factory you should make a reservation. Their choc is terrific.

Archived