Sleeping Arrangements - Cabin shuffle?

heathercruisin

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a big problem - my dh, dd (age 6) and my father and I are going on a cruise together. I booked it so that me and my dd are in one cabin, and my dh and father are in the cabin next to us.

We originally booked it this way so that my father is not totally alone (he is elderly), and someone would be in the room with him in case he needs help. And so that my father wouldn't be charge extra for being in a room by himself.

But what if my father's snoring is too much for my dh? Or what if they just get on each other's nerves so much that my dh wants to sleep in my room? Will the room steward report us if my dh sleeps in my room (but still keeping his luggage etc in my dad's room)? I was thinking we could just put my dd in the pull down bunk bed.

I'm not sure on all of the rules regarding this - is this a big deal or not? I've never been in this situation before.

It should be fine.

My only concern in moving pax (with changing pax counts) is making sure the Room Steward gets tipped accordingly. Much easier if you are next to each other with the same room steward.

I can't speak for Carnival but I did this once on a Disney ship.

It was cheaper for me to book as a third person in an ISS and then move my luggage across the ship where I was bunking in a balcony room with 2 other people. No one ever said anything... BUT, I did not have a room key to the balcony room. Because I was booked in the ISS, that is the room key that I had to use as my onboard account. If the balcony room peeps had gone to the pursor's desk and requested another key, they would have deactivated the orginal key that was given to them.

You won't have a problem.

Happy sailing!

Edit: In regards to tipping, I think I paid more in gratuties because I ended up giving maybe $25 in gratuties to the ISS (since I assumed that the steward would know that I was supposed to be in there and didn't want them to count on money that wasn't given.) and then I gave my normal tipping money to the balcony room. I THINK that is what I did.. it was nearly 10 years ago!

I'm hoping this isn't going to be a big problem - my dh, dd (age 6) and my father and I are going on a cruise together. I booked it so that me and my dd are in one cabin, and my dh and father are in the cabin next to us.

We originally booked it this way so that my father is not totally alone (he is elderly), and someone would be in the room with him in case he needs help. And so that my father wouldn't be charge extra for being in a room by himself.

But what if my father's snoring is too much for my dh? Or what if they just get on each other's nerves so much that my dh wants to sleep in my room? Will the room steward report us if my dh sleeps in my room (but still keeping his luggage etc in my dad's room)? I was thinking we could just put my dd in the pull down bunk bed.

I'm not sure on all of the rules regarding this - is this a big deal or not? I've never been in this situation before.

It does not matter who sleeps where. You can go to Guest Services and get extra keys made for the cabins.

Last year, my DH's mom, his three sisters, their husbands, and I went on a "sibling" cruise. We were nine total and we occupied five cabins. Five of us were past guests and four were Carnival newbies. We booked one past guest and one newbie in each cabin so that everyone could get the Past Guest rate. (DH and one newbie B-i-L together, one newbie S-i-L and me together, etc.) Once we got on board, we all went to Guest Services. Our S&S cards mag strips were reassigned so that all the spouses were switched to room together. Carnival, the room stewards, nor Guest Services did not care who was in which cabin. It was a very easy process and took mere minutes.

So don't worry. All will be good. You can even switch DD into your DF's cabin if you want and have your DH with you.

We have the same issue coming up on our cruise. My husband, son and I are cruising with my husband's parents. We're past guests and their newbies, but both over 55. So if there's a rate for over 55, it applies to our cabin. If there's a past guest rate special, we can apply it to our cabin. Right now, our rooms are book with the girls in one room, and my husband, his dad and our son in the other room. The rooms are adjacent, but not adjoining. I know our son will want to switch rooms (likely each night...he's 3 after all), so hopefully we'll have the same room steward. Our PVP told us just go to guest services when you get on the ship and get it all straightened out when we embark.

We have the same issue coming up on our cruise. My husband, son and I are cruising with my husband's parents. We're past guests and their newbies, but both over 55. So if there's a rate for over 55, it applies to our cabin. If there's a past guest rate special, we can apply it to our cabin. Right now, our rooms are book with the girls in one room, and my husband, his dad and our son in the other room. The rooms are adjacent, but not adjoining. I know our son will want to switch rooms (likely each night...he's 3 after all), so hopefully we'll have the same room steward. Our PVP told us just go to guest services when you get on the ship and get it all straightened out when we embark.

Switching rooms was so much easier than I thought it would be. After our "Sibling" cruise, we did the same thing with close friends this past April. Once again, it took mere minutes to switch us.

It should be fine.

My only concern in moving pax (with changing pax counts) is making sure the Room Steward gets tipped accordingly. Much easier if you are next to each other with the same room steward.

Not sure what you mean by this.... we just went to guest services, changed passenger's rooms. The gratuities are linked to the passenger S&S, and not the cabin.

BTW... be sure to take all S&S cards to the desk with you when they do this :)

Archived