Adult Comedy Show

coho ken

My DD, who turns 17 next month, asked if she could go to the Love and Marriage show. I told her that Carnival specifies she be 18 to attend and she wasn't allowed to go. Do I think it's stuff she hasn't heard before? No. Do I care? No. Our "host" asked us to comply with their request and that is what I'm teaching my child to do.

Ironic since they show it on the ships TV channel all during the cruise!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

Edited by ccruisequeen

I don't think that, ... but I would not be comfortable sitting with my underage child (or yours) listening to some of the 'jokes'. Kids also drink before their time, ... but mine won't be doing that with me either. Why do some parents push their 'children' into the adult world before their time?

Because at 18 and sometimes sooner you pay for them to live as adults on your $$$, college. Maybe it's not a bad idea to know what they can handle under your watchful eye.

At the age of 5, I got Dragon Stout, mixed with milk and egg, as a Sunday treat, which led to taste for white Russians and Mud Slides, years later.

OP- get the book 50 Shades of Grey and if you can sit thorough a few passages of that with your teen you will be fine. Better, you tube 50 shades of chicken, should give you an idea. Good Luck, but I am not there yet. On the Magic they did not check ID but one night the entire show was on gay bashing, so I decided to leave.

Edited by Blk_Amish

Because at 18 and sometimes sooner you pay for them to live as adults on your $$$, college. Maybe it's not a bad idea to know what they can handle under your watchful eye.

OP- get the book 50 Shades of Grey and if you can sit thorough a few passages of that with your teen you will be fine. Better, you tube 50 shades of chicken should give you an idea. Good Luck, but I am not there yet. On the Magic they did not check ID but one night entire show was about gay bashing, so I decided to leave.

My question was not so much directed at the OP and a 17 year old, but the parents of 10, 12, 14 year olds.

My question was not so much directed at the OP and a 17 year old, but the parents of 10, 12, 14 year olds.

Most of the shows I have seen weren't fit for any adult/person with good taste. The eff bomb were dropped every second for every reason.

The Quest shows on RCI, got my attention and my favorite bra!

Edited by Blk_Amish

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)[/quote

Never seen the adult show on Cabin TV

At the age of 5, I got Dragon Stout, mixed with milk and egg, as a Sunday treat, which led to taste for white Russians and Mud Slides, years later.

OP- get the book 50 Shades of Grey and if you can sit thorough a few passages of that with your teen you will be fine. Better, you tube 50 shades of chicken, should give you an idea. Good Luck, but I am not there yet. On the Magic they did not check ID but one night the entire show was on gay bashing, so I decided to leave.

Interesting, as one night on our Spirit Alaska cruise last year, it was mostly about NOT being racist, on & on & on.....got old very, very quickly.

Felt like we were being treated childishly, just weird!

Was not even funny, either!

Never seen the adult show on Cabin TV

Not only was the Love & Marriage aired on the cabin TV on the Fantasy a few years back, the next day they showed highlights of the show too.

I have only gone to 1 adult comedy show and that was enough for me to know that its just not my brand of "funny". I wouldn't allow my 17yo to go for this reason and because its against the rules. I teach my kids to follow rules until and unless they would have to violate their faith to do so.

Not only was the Love & Marriage aired on the cabin TV on the Fantasy a few years back, the next day they showed highlights of the show too.

The Love & Marriage show is not adults only...they never show the X-rated comedy show on the cabin TV...

Halfway through the adult comedy show on Conquest last week, a mother brought in her two boys who looked to be about 10 and 12. The place was packed with so many of us standing, I doubt a Carnival employee even saw them so I don't know if they would have made an issue of it or not. I didn't find the comedian very funny and the jokes were extremely ADULT ONLY. Why on earth would any parent bring a child to an adult comedy show? It was uncomfortable for those of us around them!

My DD, who turns 17 next month, asked if she could go to the Love and Marriage show. I told her that Carnival specifies she be 18 to attend and she wasn't allowed to go. Do I think it's stuff she hasn't heard before? No. Do I care? No. Our "host" asked us to comply with their request and that is what I'm teaching my child to do.

The Love & Marriage show is not adults only...they never show the X-rated comedy show on the cabin TV...

The above is what we were responding to, 18 and over is definitely adults only (although we had no kids with us on that cruise so we weren't listening out for those rules). And during that show in the end the husbands came out in their underwear lol. While ITA kids have seen, heard, and probably done much worse, that's not something I'd take my kid to see either, personally. Even some of the questions asked of the married couples were definitely "adult only", albeit it in good fun.

Edited by wannago35

We go to the family comedy show when we can and enjoy them a lot.

The adult show usually has very crude language.

Some people get offended easy. They probably should not go. Things are said to try to be funny. Based on the number of laughs it seems to be.

The love and marriage show was adults only on our last cruise.

Most of the shows I have seen weren't fit for any adult/person with good taste. The eff bomb were dropped every second for every reason.

The Quest shows on RCI, got my attention and my favorite bra!

I never get offended with the adult comedy shows because I never go. The family friendly shows are usually funny and entertaining and that's where we go. Nobody should complain since they advertise "adults only."

On the Liberty in April my 17 year old niece went to all the adult comedy shows with us. One night before the show the host asked my brother how old she was and when was her birthday, but they did not ask for any proof. She enjoyed all of the shows...I'm 43 and it's embarrassing to go to those adult shows with your parents, lol.

I never get offended with the adult comedy shows because I never go. The family friendly shows are usually funny and entertaining and that's where we go. Nobody should complain since they advertise "adults only."

For the most part I am not easily offended. Not being American I find it assuming that a culture that uses sex to sell just about everything, gets so up in arms about the sight of the human body. However a show targeting a particular group or using the eff bomb every second is neither adult or funny, just weak. I love comedy shows, so I have seen a fair share of really good and even edgy ones.

Btw, I thought the lady in the chain dress rocked it. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

• 6 months later...

I was 16 and I walked in with my dad like I belonged there and mc guy said nothing to me. They are hilarious! Depending on how you parent your kid would determine if they should see it or not, because it's pretty raunchy but literally hilarious!!