Making the DR more contemporary??

cruzn buckeye

Carnival CEO said he was looking at improving the mdr service, and making it more contemporary??? Does this mean no more waiters dancing?? No more fun times?? I am sorry, but I enjoy it , even after 24 cruises... it helps Carnival stand out from the other lines as the fun ship... this will be very disappointing to me.

Carnival CEO said he was looking at improving the mdr service, and making it more contemporary??? Does this mean no more waiters dancing?? No more fun times?? I am sorry, but I enjoy it , even after 24 cruises... it helps Carnival stand out from the other lines as the fun ship... this will be very disappointing to me.

Going to make the servers wear their flair.

And Anytime Dining across the board. No more early and late seatings.

Hmmm. That may not be such a good idea. Otherwise, why even bother to have dining rooms at all? If you have strictly Anytime Dining, you'll end up with long lines of people waiting to for a table, just like the buffet area on Embarkation Day. Might as well replace the MDR's with buffet areas, like Golden Corral.:eek:

And Anytime Dining across the board. No more early and late seatings.

That would not be good for us sometimes. We have traveled with groups of 30+ friends and all like to dine together, ATD would be very difficult with that situation.

Hmmm. That may not be such a good idea. Otherwise, why even bother to have dining rooms at all? If you have strictly Anytime Dining, you'll end up with long lines of people waiting to for a table, just like the buffet area on Embarkation Day. Might as well replace the MDR's with buffet areas, like Golden Corral.:eek:

Seems to work well for NCL ;)

That would not be good for us sometimes. We have traveled with groups of 30+ friends and all like to dine together, ATD would be very difficult with that situation.

How do chat,socialize with 30 people?? Oh god here come the complaints. I can't wear my prom dress from 30 years ago and make my husband stand and buy pictures. I might be a size 22 but this size 5 looks hot! My kids love dressing up, do they have a choice?

All for killing the dress code, don't say eat on the lido they don't serve lobster. Well to a point as cruise casual.

My whole family enjoys getting to dress up for elegant night. PLEASE don't take that away. Check out my reviews because I always include pics of us all gussied up.

How about dress up if you want to and not if you want to? Remembering our last cruise there were plenty of people of all ages dressed to the nines.

Just my 2 cents...

I disagree. Both of NCL ships MDR's are anytime and I have yet my only waits there have been on elegant for approx. 15 minutes....same as CCL anytime.

How do chat,socialize with 30 people?? Oh god here come the complaints. I can't wear my prom dress from 30 years ago and make my husband stand and buy pictures. I might be a size 22 but this size 5 looks hot! My kids love dressing up, do they have a choice?

All for killing the dress code, don't say eat on the lido they don't serve lobster. Well to a point as cruise casual.

We've always had adjacent tables (three 10-tops usually sometimes four 8-tops) and then we confuse the servers completely by sitting in different seats every night so we can chat with different folks. But we tip them accordingly.

Carnival CEO said he was looking at improving the mdr service, and making it more contemporary??? .

I'm curious and excited to see what he has in mind and hope that he has more ideas for interesting changes.

I think it would be great for CCL to take things up a notch...or am I naive in thinking that their new ideas could actually be good ones????

Seems to work well for NCL

It does...because NCL is set up for Freestyle, with many many different dining venues. On CCL this set-up might not work as well. Plus, I cannot imagine the Traditional Dining die-hards on these boards if that were to actually happen.

:eek:

I am glad CCL has a fresh mind looking at things *fingers crossed*.

I think it would be great to step on a CCL ship and feel like the experience is something newer and better than before.

I disagree. Both of NCL ships MDR's are anytime and I have yet my only waits there have been on elegant for approx. 15 minutes....same as CCL anytime.

I have had the same experience...barely have ever had to wait.

My whole family enjoys getting to dress up for elegant night. PLEASE don't take that away. Check out my reviews because I always include pics of us all gussied up.

How about dress up if you want to and not if you want to? Remembering our last cruise there were plenty of people of all ages dressed to the nines.

Just my 2 cents...

NCL has a formal-if-you-want night and I swear a lot of people still dress up for it even though they don't have to. So if CCL were to eliminate this, it doesn't mean you still can't dress up

Maybe on the ships with two MDRs they should just make one casual and one the way it is now. You'd have two choices, early or late and casual or non casual.

Yes! Like! Like! Like! I know there are the traditionalists that like to dress up for dinner, and I have no problem with that. But ever since we first started cruising, I've thought that it's silly to have to dress up to eat a steak or a lobster. JMHO.

Archived