What is the best route through Florida to Cape Canaveral?

Carrie77

AAA and Mapquest gave us two different routes. The one that AAA gave us is 15 miles less but I am wondering if it is quicker?

Here they are (hopefully I am remembering these interstate numbers correctly):

AAA - I-75 all the way down to SR 528 (which I believe is Beeline Expressway) which hits Cape Canaveral

Mapquest - I-75 to I-10, then I-258 (briefly), then I-95 all the way down to Cape Canaveral (I may be missing some streets near the end but that is pretty much how it goes).

Which is the best way? Please help :)

Thanks,

Carrie

AAA and Mapquest gave us two different routes. The one that AAA gave us is 15 miles less but I am wondering if it is quicker?

Here they are (hopefully I am remembering these interstate numbers correctly):

AAA - I-75 all the way down to SR 528 (which I believe is Beeline Expressway) which hits Cape Canaveral

Mapquest - I-75 to I-10, then I-258 (briefly), then I-95 all the way down to Cape Canaveral (I may be missing some streets near the end but that is pretty much how it goes).

Which is the best way? Please help :)

Thanks,

Carrie

I-75 doesn't intersect SR-528 - you'll have to get on the FL Turnpike in Wildwood (south of Ocala).

The AAA recommendation, in my opinion, is definitely the better and faster route. Keep alert, though, regardless of the route you choose.

Hope it helps.

best,

John

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mariner of the Seas, 11/05

I live about 25 miles south of Port Canaveral and when I head out of the state I always use the I-95 route. If you're coming into Florida on I-75, you can take I-10 east to I-295 (the loop around Jacksonville) south to I-95 south to SR528 (the Beeline/Beachline...they're changing the name) east (I think it's exit 205), which goes right by the port. The 1st port exit is the one going to the cruise ships.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived