Orlando Hotel to Tampa transportation

Postman806

Can anyone recommend transportation service from a yet to be determined hotel to the Tampa port? We are flying in late the night before. Rates to Orlando are so much cheaper. And also there are 6 of us, maybe 8 so I'm thinking a van. Would it be cheaper to rent a van in Orlando maybe?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am looking into the same thing for the cruise we are considering early Dec. Thrifty has great prices from the Stanford Field Airport.

Sailor's Mom, Do you mean Sanford Airport? Sanford is northeast of Orlando. It is about 1 hour 45 minutes away. A 108 mile drive.

Can anyone recommend transportation service from a yet to be determined hotel to the Tampa port? We are flying in late the night before. Rates to Orlando are so much cheaper. And also there are 6 of us, maybe 8 so I'm thinking a van. Would it be cheaper to rent a van in Orlando maybe?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think I would go the van route. It is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from the Orlando airport to Tampa. It is 85 miles. Look into staying in the Brandon area along SR 60 (Adamo Drive). There is a Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, and a couple of more. There is a Homewood Suites on US 301. It is a nice 30-40 minute drive from Brandon to the port.

I sure do. It is a cheaper airport to fly into. I mentioned cause I wasn't sure which airport.

It is a minimum 2 hour drive depending on the time of day. You will have rental, gas and possibly tolls. I would advise really checking all of those before making a final decision on that airport. Sometimes the money saved is not worth stress and hassle getting on ship much less coming home.

It is a minimum 2 hour drive depending on the time of day. You will have rental, gas and possibly tolls. I would advise really checking all of those before making a final decision on that airport. Sometimes the money saved is not worth stress and hassle getting on ship much less coming home.

I have flown into SFB before. I live in a smaller town which makes flights difficult without a longer drive. For a direct flight and rental car it is less than $500 round trip for 2. We are planning to stay a few nights in Daytona Beach before driving to Tampa. It is a 2.5 hour drive on I-4. Who knows our plans are always changing. Thanks for the tips though.

I have flown into SFB before. I live in a smaller town which makes flights difficult without a longer drive. For a direct flight and rental car it is less than $500 round trip for 2. We are planning to stay a few nights in Daytona Beach before driving to Tampa. It is a 2.5 hour drive on I-4. Who knows our plans are always changing. Thanks for the tips though.

Oh. That wasn't your initial question. Have a great trip.

Archived