Pride 09/01 Review...Detailed w/Pics

teetee6263

I really enjoy reading everyone’s reviews & it seems like whenever I’m ready to sail I cant get enough recent reviews for my ship. So hopefully there is someone out there looking for a Pride review. Besides, I also think its great to relive one of the best weeks of my life.

Disclaimer: I write the way I speak & I speak whatever is on my mind, so sometimes I might ramble on & other times I might get straight to the point. BTW… I know its customary to use DD & such on these boards, but since both my DD’s are cruising with me it just easier to type their names, since I don’t normally refer to them as DD.

Background story….This cruise was originally booked for Myself , my 23yo DD Janay aka Toast & 13yo DD Tiana. My DS 24 & friend were suppose to book later, as well as Toast’s GF, but they never did. So I later added DS to our booking. I took them on their 1st cruise last June on the Destiny & they loved it, said it had to be an annual thing and since I love my kids & cruising I agreed. I can’t tell you how many times I switched cabins, but I’m pretty sure if my PVP had caller ID she would not answer. Anyway we ended up in 4-194, an interior with French doors between lifeboats. I choose this itinerary mainly based on cost & kids have been bugging me to go back to Disney, I figured it was inexpensive, we didn't have to fly & I figured we could get in a day at Disney & a cruise so it’s a win win situation. Well after lots of research I started doubted my decision, the Disney excursion was way over my budget & Freeport wasn't looking too good either. Months go by, anticipation & excite grows and BOOM….16 days before sail date, DS can’t go. Luckily it was 2 days before 100% loss & we didn't get bumped to a triple cabin.

Side note: my crazy BF asked what I had planned for the week I was supposed to be cruising? Huh, what the heck are you talking about….He thought since my son couldn’t go we canceled the whole trip… LMAO, he’ll be missed but his issues have nothing to do with us!!!

OK so here we go....

DAY 1

Well the day we've been waiting so long for has finally come & its go time. Its an early start for us as we catch the 5:12am Long Island Rail Road from Freeport, LI to NY Penn Station, then the 6:45am Amtrak to BAL Penn Station. We arrive around 10 & after a short taxi ride to the port we were ready to get the party started. We get to the port & checked in by 10:30. There were already a few people already there, but I had purchased FTTF for the sole purpose of getting to my room early & taking a nap before all the action begins. We were the first ones in the FTTF seating area & we waited & waited & waited. While I know I only a few feet away from the fun, I can’t help but get a little annoyed since I’m only working on 2 hours of sleep & hungry. So its noon, we finally start the boarding process & at 12:11 I hear the most beautiful sound ever….“DING”

First stop is to check out our new home & drop off our carry ons. To my surprise I had a gift of Mikes Hard Lemonade from someone in my FB group. Then off to Lido for something to eat & officially kick off cruise with a DOD…The Fun Ship. After lunch the ship is still pretty empty so we start our tour & I try to get in my pics without the crowds. We stopped by the MDR to check out our table & although I was not pleased with the location I’m not one to sweat the small things & didn’t bother to have it changed. As the ship starts to come alive we head back to the room to check on our luggage & its there waiting for us as well as another surprise from the same FB friends, strawberries…yumm!! We put up our door decorations & unpack until its time for the dreaded safety drill in the hella heat. At last the drill is over & we head back to Lido for the sail away party….Wobble Baby, Wobble Baby, Wobble Baby, Wobble!!! We stay out on deck until time to get ready for dinner, always choose early seating.

Dinner tonight was vegetable spring rolls, beef brisket, ceaser salad, crème brulee, fruit cocktail, grilled chicken breast & WCMC with 2 ice creams. Everyone was pleased with their meals, however Toast & I weren’t to crazy about the crème brulee. Our head waiter was Jennifer & he was great, that's right I said HE. His name tag said Jennifer but he introduced himself as Jenny, so for the rest of the week he was Jenny from the block. After dinner we stopped for some of the casual photos & then back to the room, where we got our first towel animal & goodies from JH. I guess we must have lost track of time because I wanted to go to the Welcome Aboard Family Party in Beauties nightclub, but never made it. Toast wanted to participate in the Gender showdown, but we didn’t get there until towards the end. She did get to be in Game Show Mania & became a crowd favorite, as well as get her 1st of many medals. Not sure what we did between then & the Welcome Aboard Show with CD Kirk, but it was probably just wandering around. I could barely keep my eyes open during the show, so once it was over Tiana & I head back to the room to call it a night while Toast hit the nightclub. BTW…..remember that $50 nap, well as you can see it never happened.

Oh yeah, our room steward was Arya I Made. I wasn’t in the room earlier when he came to introduce himself & I guess when he saw me with Toast later that evening it had to be me, because when I walked by he asked if I was Teresa & properly introduced himself.

ry%3D400

1st sighting of our new home for the next 7 days

ry%3D400

Me & my girls on the gangway...almost there!!

ry%3D400

Ding :D

Ha! As I was reading along in your post, I was wondering if you ever got to that nap. I always have intentions of taking a nap too, but could never sleep when there is so much to see and do!

We also have a interior with a French door for our upcoming cruise on the Pride, what did you think of it?

Hope to see many more pictures!!

For anyone considering a 4K...do it, its great. Here are some pics of the view...

ry%3D400

French doors

ry%3D400

view between the lifeboats

ry%3D400

looking left

ry%3D400

looking right

ry%3D400

looking down (zoomed)

ry%3D400

looking up from deck below (zoomed)

The door did open but not very wide, I had to squeeze in. I think it was because of the way the beds were set up. I just opened in up every morning to get a feel of the temperature. I wish all ships had these rooms.

Enjoying your review .. We will be on the Pride Dec 8 2013.. Maybe I'm doing something wrong . But all the pics are the same one when I click on them???

When on my computer the pictures are different, but on my iPad & iPhone they are all the same....Strange:confused: I'm not sure who's doing something wrong?

ry%3D400

MDR Table 131

This table was in the front as soon as you walked in to the right & was really for 2, so it was a tight squeeze. It was the tightness that I disliked, but the location. I enjoy the dancing & singing waiters and it was just not the same being up front. I guess by cancelling DS we were moved to a smaller table.

ry%3D400

Beef Brisket

ry%3D400

Grilled Chicken w/French Fries

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

goodies from JH

ry%3D400

Welcome Aboard Show

We slept in a little late today & I got up in time to watch The Morning Show with Kirk & Sam, since I’d never watched one before & it was on my to do list. We went to the MDR for brunch, which was good. Tiana had the Raisin Bran French toast (which looked yummy) & I had the Honey Nut Cheerios French toast which was not so good, but my omelet was delicious. After enjoying our meal we ordered our free VIFP drinks, Miami Vice for me, Mimosa for Toast & a virgin daiquiri for Tiana. We take our drinks & head out to Lido where we spend our day, rushing to sign up for the Mixlogy competition. Being that I won in April on the Imagination I feel it only fit I defend my title. We watched the Ice carving demo & surprise surprise, it was an Indian head. Then came the mixology contest & my DD Toast who has to be involved in everything is a judge. Even though she said my drink was good, she gave the winning point to someone else to be fair, but said his drink was really good. I might not have won but I got 2 free drinks out of it, the 1 I made & a free drink coupon. After that were the Deck games, that Toast was once again part off. It was a scavenger hunt played like musical chairs, the last one back without a seat was eliminated. Well she was the last one back on the 2nd round because I little girl got right in her path & stopped. LOL everyone watching said I was a setup. By now Tiana was ready to get in the hot tub but it was packed, so we got in the pool instead. At one pint the hot tub was emptied out so we hopped in & were the only ones in for all of 2 minutes, before it became packed with kids playing Marco Polo…time to get out!!! So we retrieve back to the pool for more jumping & splashing, but at least it’s not in a tiny space.

By the time we got out of the pool, it was time to primp for the Captains Celebration. Toast was already in the room napping & taking too long to get ready, so we left without her. We mix & mingle with the officers, before being interviewed for the Voyage video. I had really wanted to take pictures before dinner, but it didn’t work out that way. Now while most people look forward to Elegant night for the lobster, I don’t. Two of the entrees I was looking forward to are being served tonight, oh no what am I gonna do? Spaghetti Carbonara, which wasn’t on the Imagination & BBQ spare ribs, which were amazing on the Imagination. I ordered the spaghetti as a starter & it was DELICIOUS, the ribs not so much. Thinking about it now I don’t know why I didn’t ask Jenny to bring me another spaghetti. Dessert was another one of my favorites, cherries jubilee, but I wasn’t feeling up to it so I went back to the room while my girls ate it along with their caramelized apple puffs, that they said was just ok. Afterwards we go take our pictures, change back into casual clothes & head to Lido because I was now ready for dessert. We ended the night with the 10:15 production show Wonderful World & once again I couldn’t keep my eyes open. My girls laughed at me because I woke up after ever act & clapped with the rest of the crowd. Toast took a quick nap & then hit the nightclub for the booty shaking contest at 12:30, my intentions were to go but there was no waking me.

ry%3D400

Raisin Bran French Toast

ry%3D400

Honey Nut Cheerios French Toast

ry%3D400

Enjoying their Virgin Daiquiri & Mimosa

ry%3D400

Ice Sculpture

ry%3D400

quick moment of peace in the hot tub

ry%3D400

pool time fun

The MDR table is a bit ridiculous. Squeezing 3 in a 2 top is not good.

Enjoying your pics!

This is my only complaint about our Carnival cruises! We are a family of 5 (not skinny!!) people. Every single Carnival cruise we have been on they have stuck us in a booth for 4 and added a chair at the end. Now if you have ever sat in a booth for 4 it is already crowded. And with a chair at the end the waiters are always tripping on the chair and one time my sister had a drink spilled on her. That did it, now when they try that we refuse to sit there and request a table not a booth. Last cruise we had to switch to My Time Dining because they said they didn't have a table for us. Love my Carnival cruises except for this.

Enjoying your review and pics!

Today was a bit more relaxing than yesterday, as we didn’t do nearly as much. Up this morning just in time to catch the morning show & then off to breakfast on the Lido, it was just ok. Bacon was way overcooked for my liking, omelet was not as good as in the MDR & I really don’t care for their pancakes. After breakfast we headed up to the sports deck to play mini golf. On Destiny they had score cards, but didn’t here so we just declared Tiana the winner. Then back to Lido, first up I was in the bean bag toss, then pulled on the dance floor by DJ KYD for the cupid shuffle. They had a wobble contest after, but I was already tired from the cupid shuffle so I sat that one out. Up next was the Hairy Chest competition, where once again Toast was a judge & she was judging the "buns". Of course it was hilarious, as always. The winner went by “Hairy Man” for the rest of the cruise. Lunch today in Mermaids was another one of my favorites…Caribbean. Boy, I sure do seem to have a lot of favorites. We enjoyed our lunch on the sun deck to watch the pool games, but there weren’t enough sign ups so they didn’t have any; if Toast knew how to swim im pretty sure she would’ve been there too. Today’s DOD was “Pomegranate Lemonade” served in the funnel cup. Tiana wanted the cup so I ordered one, it was ok & $18.…she better cherish that cup for ever!!! Not sure where Toast was (probably her mid day nap), but Tiana & I were off wandering around the ship & some how ended up at Formalities where she bought some candy. Then caught a little of family karaoke before dinner.

ry%3D400

Playing Mini Golf

ry%3D400

Toast testing the buns...LOL!!!

ry%3D400

Pomegranate Lemonade

Tonight’s dinner was, French onion soup, ceaser salad, jerked pork loin, mac n cheese w/french fries & meatloaf. There wasn’t anything interesting on the dessert menu & I really wanted to catch the sunset at least once this trip so we left early. I have no idea what we did between leaving dinner & the “Motown & More’ show with Marcus Anthony, which was great. Afterwards was the Mardi Gras Party in the atrium, it was jammed packed but fun. Then we finished off the night with Late night laser tag, which is played inside a large inflatable bouncer on the Taj Mahal stage. Let me tell you…running around a bouncer trying to shoot someone & avoid being shot with an athletic 23yo & 4 kids is a lot of work, but FUN. At one point I fell & the little girl around 8ish sweetly came over to ask if I was OK while she was shooting me…LOL. And that’s a wrap for day 3 for me & Tiana, we go back to the room & I order a yummy Rueben from room service for me & chocolate chip cookies for Tiana. Of course Toast closed the nightclub, as usual.

ry%3D400

Meatloaf

ry%3D400

Jerk Pork Loin

ry%3D400

Sunset