Question about checking in

Thanks, Boo's Mom for giving me this idea. My cabin mate is on a different flight than I am and will arrive in MIA later than I will (Fascination - 9/23/05). Can we check in separately? Or, will I have to wait for her to arrive?

Thanks!

Logic tells me you will have to wait for the other person. That way Carnival is sure that there are actually two people sailing and not just one trying to avoid the single supplement. But logic does not always rule!

Logic tells me you will have to wait for the other person. That way Carnival is sure that there are actually two people sailing and not just one trying to avoid the single supplement. But logic does not always rule!

They would have already had to make final payment by the time they board the ship, so there would be no way to to get around the single supplement.

You can check in seperately. Both passengers will be listed on the manifest and in the computer. As long as you provide your birth certficate/passport and picture ID you will be fine.

The single supplement would be the same as the fare paid by the other person, they don't make you pay it twice.Cheers,Peter

The "single supplement" is the amount charged to a passenger when that passenger is the SOLE occupant of a cabin. The fare for a solo cruiser is 150% to 200% of the cabin rate.

Thanks for the response, guys. And, yes, the final payment will have already been made. So, there won't be any single supplements charged. I just wanted to make sure that I can check-in without her. I'm taking a really early flight down there (to save $$$$) and she wants to fly down later because she doesn't want to get up at 0-dark-thirty. I told her that's what cruising's all about anyway!!!! Especially on these short ones: you gotta get the most out of each minute!!!! I didn't want to have to sit there and wait for her for three hours. I'm traveling with 3 others as well who will be on the same flight with me (different cabins obviously!!!). Now, before you jump on me, I know that I will likely have to wait at the terminal for the previous cruisers disembarkation anyway. THAT I'm willing to wait for!!!!

I can just see it now: I'm sitting in the terminal, waiting for my friend and look up and see the other three waving down at me from the pool deck, drinks in hand!!! :eek:

Archived