Meet and Greets on Carnival...

DLepard

For the bracelets I ordered Tyvek event bracelets from ebay for about $7.50 for 200. For those non-drinkers I will write on the bracelets with a sharpie so the barstaff will know they get no alcohol!

I always wondered where those Tyvek bracelets came from!

eBay.

Duh. Should have known. :)

we just got off the pride and I hosted a open bar for cruise critic and it was a blast!

I had everyone pay me in advance and set a deadline. they paid me via paypal or they had an option to mail me a check. it was like 19.00 but everyone paid 20 and we gave the extra money to the servers. we ended up tipping an additional 45$ plus everyone was tipping on their own!

at the door I checked everyone in and gave them a wristband. the bartenders knew not to serve drinks to anyone that did not have it on and it also assured everyone was of age to drink. they did not mind that there was people coming that did not want to drink because I kept track. there was another cruise critic member that helped me keep track on the boards on who was attending and who paid. she made name tags for everyone to wear to all of our meets. another cc member even made bookmarks and brought music. our dried snacks were gold fish but I don't think anyone really cared.

we all got our 20.00 worth and it was a lot of fun!

If you are wanting a simple M&G just to say hello to your roll call people then either contact John on his FB page and ask for him to arrange a venue for the size of people that you need. Or ask the CD as soon as you board the ship to please arrange for a room and put a notice in the Fun Times. You can ask for some bar waiters to be available for a cash bar.

My group for just a simple M&G just gathers shortly before or at sailaway in a designated place that we've discussed on our roll call.

If you are wanting to have a paid for cocktail party, then that has to be arranged in advance and who ever arranges it has to collect all the money from the participants, ensure that only the paid for people attend and contact the groups department to finalize details and turn in a guest list before the cruise. The actual charge will be on your S&S account.

NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT CARNIVAL CRUISELINES DOES NOT HAVE A NORMAL BUDGET FOR "MEET & GREETS" LIKE OTHER LINES. WHEN SOMEONE ASK FOR A ROOM RESERVE 'REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF GUEST' CARNIVAL WILL PROVIDE TWO(2) SHIP ON A STICK & TWO(2) BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE. NO CD OR OFFICER CAN VISIT NOR CAN THEY STOP IN (UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT CAPTAIN PERSONALLY) SO DON'T COME SCREAMING TO THE SENIOR CD OR BLAST CARNIVAL FACEBOOK PAGE FOR WHAT THEY DID NOT DO FOR AQ CC MEMBER. I HAVE GOTTEN SICK AND TIRED OF READING RANTS BY CC MEMBERS SAYING A CRUISELINE DOES NOT CARE. NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE (or Cruising) IS FREE. IF YOU WANT TO ENTERTAIN YOU M&G GUEST TRY DOING IT ON YOUR DIME AS WELL. AND IMAGING IT BEING DONE 24 TIMES A WEEK FOR 52 WEEKS.

AND YES THE OPEN BAR WILL COST YOU. IT IS NOT FREE.

FYI IF I COULD TYPE IN BOLD LETTER I WOULD BE SCREAMING THIS AT ALL THOSE WHO WHAT A M&G TO COME WITH FREE DRINKS AND FOOD. GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. NOTHING IS FREE ON A CRUISE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE HAD PAID FOR IT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT CARNIVAL CRUISELINES DOES NOT HAVE A NORMAL BUDGET FOR "MEET & GREETS" LIKE OTHER LINES. WHEN SOMEONE ASK FOR A ROOM RESERVE 'REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF GUEST' CARNIVAL WILL PROVIDE TWO(2) SHIP ON A STICK & TWO(2) BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE. NO CD OR OFFICER CAN VISIT NOR CAN THEY STOP IN (UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT CAPTAIN PERSONALLY) SO DON'T COME SCREAMING TO THE SENIOR CD OR BLAST CARNIVAL FACEBOOK PAGE FOR WHAT THEY DID NOT DO FOR AQ CC MEMBER. I HAVE GOTTEN SICK AND TIRED OF READING RANTS BY CC MEMBERS SAYING A CRUISELINE DOES NOT CARE. NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE (or Cruising) IS FREE. IF YOU WANT TO ENTERTAIN YOU M&G GUEST TRY DOING IT ON YOUR DIME AS WELL. AND IMAGING IT BEING DONE 24 TIMES A WEEK FOR 52 WEEKS.

FYI IF I COULD TYPE IN BOLD LETTER I WOULD BE SCREAMING THIS AT ALL THOSE WHO WHAT A M&G TO COME WITH FREE DRINKS AND FOOD. GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. NOTHING IS FREE ON A CRUISE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE HAD PAID FOR IT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

What????:confused:

What you seem to want is special treatment because your a Cruise Critic group.

Sorry but a Cruise Critic group should get the same treatment as all the other groups that are sailing.

If other lines are giving you a better deal then cruise with them.

Edited by Cruise4Music

OP, I've organized a lot of M&G and we usually have an informal one after muster drill and usually choose lido aft bar since most people want to be on deck during sailaway. Then first sea day for the big M&G. John Heald will help arrange a room if you post a message 4 days before you sail. Organizing a cocktail party can be a headache since whoever organizes it has to pay up front and collect the money. I'd suggest an open bar to keep things simple.

Why are you yelling this rant while quoting me?????????????

There isn't anything that I said in my post that isn't true.

M&G's have never included free drinks and I've certainly never implied that they should. They can be informal gatherings on the Lido, or planned cash bar parties with the venue arranged by John Heald or the CD and published in the Fun Times.

I did see a rant on John's Blog from a Roger Lange that was upset that nothing special was done for his 70 person M&G on the 8/24 Dream sailing....and he threw out the Carnival hates Cruise Critic card..........but I've NEVER done that and hate it when it is done.

And just to clarify........the group of people that I've been sailing with since 2009 have often been honored to have members of the crew including the Captain stop by our M&G's and/or Cocktail parties......They are always invited, but we never EXPECT them to have the time....we're just lucky that they often do...

Get a grip! I was just asking for ideas. No expectations. I never implied anything you are saying. I had a lot

of great advice in this thead until you reared your inflated head and roared

Please, go on a cruise or something and LOOSEN up! You need it!!

I am the coordinator for a cocktail party for our Breeze cruise in a month. We are currently at 114 attending! We have booked the Liquid night club for 60 people, obviously I will be calling and adjusting our numbers about two weeks before the event!

Woah. You might want to contact them more than two weeks in advance. They'll have to move this to a much larger venue -- probably the main show lounge, like our 80-person cocktail party was -- and you want to make sure they don't give it to someone else. That first sea-day (when most of these gatherings are scheduled) books up fast!

Woah. You might want to contact them more than two weeks in advance. They'll have to move this to a much larger venue -- probably the main show lounge, like our 80-person cocktail party was -- and you want to make sure they don't give it to someone else. That first sea-day (when most of these gatherings are scheduled) books up fast!

I so agree with this. We had a party on Liberty several years ago, and had to move as we had more attending than we had originally planned.

• 3 months later...

Hi All!

We gathered with many Cruise Critics friends May 2013 on the Breeze. We had a set cut-off date for sign ups because of planning and the cost. We had over 50 people and paid just over $16. Unlimited drinks included in the Liquid nightclub. One of the group even treated us to a DJ.

What a good time.

We also organized a small gift exchange in which we drew numbers. It was really fun!

We were fortunate to have Butch drop in for a quick 5 minutes.

Upon boarding, we organized an informal group gathering at the Tides Bar. People who couldn't join us for the "paid" or those who signed up late - gathering were able to meet there.

We all wore Mardi Gras beads and it was a blast!

So no matter what type of gathering takes place it is so fun to meet each other!

Will be trying to gather another group together on the Breeze for Aug. 30, 2014 sailing.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

easy on the blood pressure. Attended many a meet and mingle and Carnival scheduled It and provided cookies and punch. Normally at a bar, Red Frog last time, and if you need a drink sail and sign card will provide. Great place to meet all who are part of CC and also some cruise director or there staff. All for Fun