Where is The Front Porch Cafe???

funat55

I googled "best breakfast or brunch in Miami" and found the Front Porch Café. I made reservations but now I am confused. Most of the reviews I read indicate that it is located in the Penguin Hotel on Ocean Drive which is 1418, but the address I have for the restaurant is 1458 Ocean Drive which is the Z Ocean Hotel. Are there two locations, did they move, help.

I googled "best breakfast or brunch in Miami" and found the Front Porch Café. I made reservations but now I am confused. Most of the reviews I read indicate that it is located in the Penguin Hotel on Ocean Drive which is 1418, but the address I have for the restaurant is 1458 Ocean Drive which is the Z Ocean Hotel. Are there two locations, did they move, help.

Why don't you call them and ask them?

Why don't you call them and ask them?

I did leave a message so hopefully someone will callback. I know that google earth isn't always up to date, but I think it s fun to use it so I did a street view and sure enough there was the Front Porch Café at the Penguin Hotel and continuing with the street view, just a few yards up the block was another Front Porch Café in the Z Hotel. The official address I was given was 1458 Ocean Drive which is the Z Hotel. But I am curious about the two locations.

Was hoping someone could answer that is familiar with the area.

Also forgot to ask if anyone has ever dined there and whether the food is as good as I have read about.

It is located downstairs from the Z Ocean Hotel, on Ocean Drive, between 14th & 15th Streets, and it is by far my favorite brunch spot on South Beach. The egg burritos and the chicken curry wraps are simply divine! They make Bloody Mary's tableside, which are delish!

Great choice!

I did leave a message so hopefully someone will callback. I know that google earth isn't always up to date, but I think it s fun to use it so I did a street view and sure enough there was the Front Porch Café at the Penguin Hotel and continuing with the street view, just a few yards up the block was another Front Porch Café in the Z Hotel. The official address I was given was 1458 Ocean Drive which is the Z Hotel. But I am curious about the two locations.

Was hoping someone could answer that is familiar with the area.

There are not 2 locations. It is located at the Z Ocean Hotel ... no longer at the Penguin. Ocean Drive between 14th & 15th Streets, across the street from Starbucks.

There are not 2 locations. It is located at the Z Ocean Hotel ... no longer at the Penguin. Ocean Drive between 14th & 15th Streets, across the street from Starbucks.

Thank you soooo much for clearing up that mystery. It was driving me crazy. Most of the reviews on Tripadvisor made mention of the restaurant being in the Penguin Hotel but their address was clearly the "Z".

When I went on the web site to make reservations through open table, there were no openings all morning for the day before our cruise. I finally sent an email directly to the restaurant and pretty much begged for a reservation and they confirmed me. Yeah!! Our group is looking forward to brunch and of course our cruise the next day. lol.

Archived