Carnival Breeze 9/8 Review with Pictures

CruisinSinceIwasBorn

Wishing Carnival would take Nassau off of their port list. Like Cozumel, you can only go so often. We enjoyed Freeport far more than Nassau!!

I agree. Enough with Nassau! My guess is that it's a cheap port to stop in, and some ships may be required to stop there because they are registered there. In addition, one passenger noted that the ships stop there to dump their trash/waste. I don't know if this is true or not, but I did notice many of the ships dumping all of their garbage.

My best guess though is that it is close to Miami, so ships can easily coast back into the port and always be on-time for turnaround day.

The lids are actually priced separately from the cup. The cup was around $10, and the lid was around $2. We purchased them as soon as we boarded because we heard from other reviews that they often sold out the first day. I noticed though that both Red Frog and Blue Iguana had them available the entire cruise. They are only available for purchase at their own respective bar. They are not for sale any other place on the ship.

Thanks!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you to both cruisingsinceiwasborn and mississauga about info for thrill theater. You are right - my kids will be interested. It is those kind of things that I have to preplan for. We have only taken the kids on smaller ships that didn't seem to have all this extra stuff.... so I am just trying to figure out what I need to save for. Thank you to everyone! Is there anyone who has done thrill theater? Worth it?

Hi there,

Fiance and I (37, 27) were on the Breeze in April and bought the unlimited pass for the Thrill Theater. We LOVED it! Went to as many shows as we could! Definitely worth the price. There were many showings where we were the only 2 people in the theater, and it was never at capacity. This was during school vacation week, too, since I am a teacher and that's the only time off I get! SO much fun! Going on the Breeze again this April for our honeymoon...and fully intend to buy the pass again! It is THAT fun! :-)

CruisinSinceIwasBorn- we booked a Cloud 9 Spa room....have been poring over forums here, google, the Carnival website, etc. but haven't been able to find spa hours for the T Pool, thermal suites, etc. We are doing the same itinerary as you did. Were the hours dependent on the day? Port, sea, etc?

Thanks in advance!

CruisinSinceIwasBorn- we booked a Cloud 9 Spa room....have been poring over forums here, google, the Carnival website, etc. but haven't been able to find spa hours for the T Pool, thermal suites, etc. We are doing the same itinerary as you did. Were the hours dependent on the day? Port, sea, etc?

Thanks in advance!

I believe it was open everyday (except for embarkation day) from 6am-10pm. I have the fun times at home and I will confirm tonight when I get home.

Have enjoyed reading your review. DH and I were on the Breeze's sister ship The Magic in March and loved it too! We have been debating on the Breeze or a HAL cruise and your review may have just tip the scales in the Breeze's favor. Of course a Spa Cabin is a must and DH adores the heated tile beds.

• 2 years later...