New Orleans

skya

Hi just booked the Dream for August 2014 and have a couple of questions. We are going to stay in New Orleans (French Quarter) for a few days. how far is the port from the Quarter. Any suggestions on a really inexpensive but nice place to stay. Shuttle or taxi from the airport?:)

Hi just booked the Dream for August 2014 and have a couple of questions. We are going to stay in New Orleans (French Quarter) for a few days. how far is the port from the Quarter. Any suggestions on a really inexpensive but nice place to stay. Shuttle or taxi from the airport?:)

Taxi to port from FQ is really not expensive because it's very close.

Be prepared to be HOT, we went out of NOLA last September and it was just sweltering!!! Just be aware and wear very cool clothing.

The biggest thing I wish is that I would have stayed at the Riverside, it's right next to the cruiseport and would have been more convenient. We had ressies here and gave them up for something that seemed nicer and was cheaper, turned out it wasn't :-(

If you go a day or two in advance try to get to Mothers for breakfast, the food is awesome!!! Very casual but the food rocks, or ever lunch, they have delicous po'boys. If your a oyster lover try Acme Oysters, they had awesome char broiled oysters. Lots of fun in the streets during the evening in French Quarter, musicians playing Jazz, people dressed in bizarre clothes, we really enjoyed that!!!

Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

We stayed at the Sheraton on Canal Street which is 3 blocks from French Quarter. We LOVED it! We used a hotel website to name our own price and got it for 80 a night during Mardi Gras and it was on the parade route, super fun!

We did the NO stuff to do. I am a runner so I ran by the riverside and through French Quarter and that was very neat.

We went to Café du Monde for breakfast, hung out around Jackson Square. We went to Preservation Hall and had Hurricane's at Pat o Brien's. We had a Pimm's cup at a really neat restaurant but the name escapes me now. We had oysters at Felix's and of course went to the parades.

Staying in the FQ will be more expensive and louder but will also be less walking.

Hope you have fun!

Taxi to port from FQ is really not expensive because it's very close.

Be prepared to be HOT, we went out of NOLA last September and it was just sweltering!!! Just be aware and wear very cool clothing.

The biggest thing I wish is that I would have stayed at the Riverside, it's right next to the cruiseport and would have been more convenient. We had ressies here and gave them up for something that seemed nicer and was cheaper, turned out it wasn't :-(

If you go a day or two in advance try to get to Mothers for breakfast, the food is awesome!!! Very casual but the food rocks, or ever lunch, they have delicous po'boys. If your a oyster lover try Acme Oysters, they had awesome char broiled oysters. Lots of fun in the streets during the evening in French Quarter, musicians playing Jazz, people dressed in bizarre clothes, we really enjoyed that!!!

Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

We've stayed at the Hilton Riverside and loved it. We've stayed all over the city, and that was our favorite location. The Hilton is close enough to walk to most things you'll want to do on a short stay - FQ, Warehouse/Central Business districts, the streetcars, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hampton, it was very nice. It is in walking distance to the port, but they also offer complementary shuttle to the port, which was great because of all our luggage. There is a trolley that will take you to the French Quarter for $2. Cafe Monde is a must for Beignets!

Archived