Best Resturant to Eat At In Progresso

jtwanabe

• 2 weeks later...

jtwanabe: We will be on the same cruise with you guys... I would like to know the same thing. last time we were there we just took the free bus to the beach and just walked around. the place we did eat at wasn't worth the money or time we spent. it was a resturant that I believe is own buy the cruise lines. it is just on your left hand side of the street as you are walking towards the beach from where the bus drops you off.

We were just at Buddy's a few weeks ago and what we discovered is that Buddy is no longer the owner and the whole vibe had changed from when we were there several years ago. The service was good and there was free wifi, but the stream of street peddlers was relentless and this was while seated inside the bar. There was a guy at the entrance on a microphone loudly trying to drum up business which was annoying so all-in-all not so relaxing or a great experience.

We went to Buddy's in Progreso this past November, based on recommendations we had seen on CC. None of them must have been recent. I wouldn't order anything to eat there. You can see the kitchen on the way to the dirty bathroom with no seat on the toilet, and it didn't look very sanitary. All the peddlers were an unrelenting nuisance. Drinks were ok, not particularly cheap. I think you will get some good recommendations for restaurants there on Trip Advisor.

We were just at Buddy's a few weeks ago and what we discovered is that Buddy is no longer the owner and the whole vibe had changed from when we were there several years ago. The service was good and there was free wifi, but the stream of street peddlers was relentless and this was while seated inside the bar. There was a guy at the entrance on a microphone loudly trying to drum up business which was annoying so all-in-all not so relaxing or a great experience.

Same here. We had a beer and left. Buddy's is no more.

• 4 weeks later...

Just went again this week. The American is back.

The food seemed alright and none of us got sick. But the kitchen doesn't look very clean and the bathrooms are in bad shape.

We did get bombarded by solicitors of all sorts on the beach. It made what would have been a relaxing day a complete disappointment. We figured we got approached approx 70 times in 3 hours. Yes! Every 2 to 3 minutes. This was the same in May 2013 and now we will never go back to the beach there as long as this continues.

Next. Buddy is Mexican National owned for over 15 years. The American you see there out front is Gene. He is the promoter for the business and does not own it. I questioned him for several minutes while there on Oct 24, 2013. He went back to the states for awhile and now is back.

But now after going twice in the last 5 months, we will not return.

Michael...

Archived