Question for Chessbriar

EMS8

If you are trying to figure out what is going on with the Jan 30 sailing, X is having a hard time with inventory. This is the first 10 day cruise back from a 2 day, a 7 day charter, and 2 more 7 days. There is high demand and a lot of inventory was being held with group bookings. Keep in mind a group booking can be as few as 8 cabins, so don't worry.

But since it is the first cruise back, people who like the longer itineraries are booking.

Right now they are calculating inventory and will likely reprice the cabins to better suit the demand for the cruise.

I find it hard to believe that 28 straight days of sailing are completely sold out on the Century for March 18th, 27th, and April 6th of next year. Now when I go into X's website to try an customize my reservation, there is no response. My travel agent also says it is odd that all 3 of those cruises are sold out and she is a "Royal Celebrity" agent. When she checked with X for our March 18th sailing, she was told it was sold out. It is possible these are sold out since X doesn't have many ships in the Caribbean next winter so there is a reduced capacity of staterooms. Thanks for your response so quickly.

Michael

My guess since they have blocked off from March 18th - May, they are putting these on hold just in case they have to adjust the drydock to add decks. They have yet to announce where the ship is to be dry docked, so they may still be in negociations.

Due to scheduling of where they will be, they may have to adjust the dry dock schedule.

My guess since they have blocked off from March 18th - May, they are putting these on hold just in case they have to adjust the drydock to add decks. They have yet to announce where the ship is to be dry docked, so they may still be in negociations.

Due to scheduling of where they will be, they may have to adjust the dry dock schedule.

Hi Rick & Ems !

I feel this is exactly what the situation is as well. Celebrity needs to figure out exactly how long, & where the drydock will be. Once these answers are known, they will probably put these itineraries back on the schedule.

Of course, there can always be changes/additions/deletions. For now, we need to wait and see. Stay Tuned !

Archived