Do YOU purchase soda cards?

Have you or will you purchase a soda card?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or will you purchase a soda card?

• I always purchase a soda card
    • I never purchase a soda card
    • I'm thinking about purchasing one on my next cruise
    • I don't drink soda

Never bought one. Was not available on my first cruise. Didn't find out about it until halfway through my 2nd cruise. And by my 3rd cruise, I had given up caffeine and I can't drink regular sodas, so drinking soda was not an option. Since they didn't offer a caffeine free diet soda (and I prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke even if they did), I "settled" for drinking alcohol the entire cruise:D .

There is always the debate with us about the soda card. I used to purchase it aboard Disney, but now that line has turned the corner the OTHER way, and now provides soda at NO charge. I once purchased a card aboard Princess, and the soda was always flat.....everywhere. There was something wrong with the carbonation of the Diet Coke......I politely asked for a refund the second day when I was told the soda was what it was, and it wasn't going to get any better. And that I simply needed to choose a different pop. Being a diabetic, there were no other choices from the flat Diet Coke. But they refused to reefund the money. Total waste of $35.

So.....lately I have been taking a 12-pack aboard any cruise line we go on.....but we have not been on RCCL before. And I had heard that they do NOT allow "outside" beverages to be brought aboard. So how do you get yours abaord if you bring a 12-pack?

I have no experience with taking soda on board but we did take a case of bottled water, put one of the luggage tags on it with our room number, and had it sent on with our checked luggage. We didn't try to conceal it or anything and it was brought on with no questions asked. Maybe someone else has done that with soda and will reply to let you know. This was on VOS to Bermuda.

We did AOS June 26-July 3.

We brought back one of those COKE drink bottles they hand out to you when you buy the drink package. What looks like some kind of super-tanker has 13 ounces. That's 13 ounces all the way to the brim. Fill it half full of ice and what do you get? Maybe 6, 7 ounces of sugar water out of the hose?

So...do the math again. I think that it takes ALOT of refills to get your money's worth. :cool:

I don't drink much soda, usually ice tea and water however my DH drinks diet soda, but not diet cola's. ie diet gingerale, diet seven up, anthing clear. Does anyone know what kind of diet soda's RC has? I am prepared to purchase the card and can find out once we are on board but thought someone might know. We have already purchased the small collaspable cooler so many people recommended and if need to can try and get diet clear soda's in San Juan or ports along the way. Thanks for any info you can give.

Dawn

Archived