Plantation and other tours in New Orleans

relaxation

Hi All,

Looking for advice on setting up a plantation tour when 3 of us get off the Carnival Sunshine TA in November. None of us have been to NOL before and we will have 3 nights there. Along with the usual French Quarter sights we would like to try a plantation tour and are open for suggestions for any other really good tours people have done and liked.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :D

I would try and do the combo tour that includes both Oak Alley and Laura Plantation in Vacherie (about a 55 min. drive but most plantation tours will be about that long of a drive). They are located close to each other so it is easy. This would take all day and there are companies that do this combo tour which includes transportation (you can Google combo tour. I know Cajun Encounters has one). If you have a car or if you rent one, you can drive yourself. The tickets include the tour with their tour guides. Laura is a French, Creole plantation that was ran by a woman, while Oak Alley is an English plantation. The grounds at Oak Alley are beautiful. At Laura, you can tour the slave quarters. Also, the tour will focus on Laura’s “Creole Family Saga” with stories of owners, women, slaves & children (very interesting peek into the Creole lifestyle and ways). They are very different from each other and that is why I think it is a good combo.

I would try and do the combo tour that includes both Oak Alley and Laura Plantation in Vacherie (about a 55 min. drive but most plantation tours will be about that long of a drive). They are located close to each other so it is easy. This would take all day and there are companies that do this combo tour which includes transportation (you can Google combo tour. I know Cajun Encounters has one). If you have a car or if you rent one, you can drive yourself. The tickets include the tour with their tour guides. Laura is a French, Creole plantation that was ran by a woman, while Oak Alley is an English plantation. The grounds at Oak Alley are beautiful. At Laura, you can tour the slave quarters. Also, the tour will focus on Laura’s “Creole Family Saga” with stories of owners, women, slaves & children (very interesting peek into the Creole lifestyle and ways). They are very different from each other and that is why I think it is a good combo.

That sounds like just what we would like! Thanks for the info and suggestions! I will check it out. :)

Archived