WIFI Hotspots in Ports of Calls? On cruise: L.A. – Miami 10-04-13

ttt

Hello cruisers,

We are really looking forward to our Panama canal cruise from L.A. to Miami. 1st time for us, visiting the Mexican Goldcoast.

Do you know any FREE Wifi Hotspots at:

Cabo San Lucas

Puerto Vallarta

Huatulco

Puerto Chiapas

Puntarenas and

Cartagena?

We hope receiving lots of response of you...

Always happy cruising…

Tom

Opposite the cruise terminal in Puerto Vallarta in the Galleria Mall you will find Starboecks. Get a coffee and you have free wifi. Many crewmembers go there too. Also at the foodcourt there probably is free wifi. From the balcony at the foodcourt you have a nice view over the shiips.

As far as I know also the Malecon (boulevard near oldtown) offers free wifi, as many restaurants will.

Most all the watering holes in Cabo and PV offer free Wi-Fi, if they don't, walk 50ft to the next one.

In Puntarenas if you take any excursion they will stop at a trinket stand (lots of tour busses there). Sitting in the parking lot I happened to check and BAM, they had free Wi-Fi, no PW required. Pretty cool to facetime from CR.

In Cartegena there is a tourist shop - duty free shop inside the port area (you can bus or walk to it). They sold Wi-Fi time, couple of bucks for an hour. Gave us the password but never had to enter it.

Problem is most places have lots of users but limited bandwidth.

Most all the watering holes in Cabo and PV offer free Wi-Fi, if they don't, walk 50ft to the next one.

In Puntarenas if you take any excursion they will stop at a trinket stand (lots of tour busses there). Sitting in the parking lot I happened to check and BAM, they had free Wi-Fi, no PW required. Pretty cool to facetime from CR.

In Cartegena there is a tourist shop - duty free shop inside the port area (you can bus or walk to it). They sold Wi-Fi time, couple of bucks for an hour. Gave us the password but never had to enter it.

Problem is most places have lots of users but limited bandwidth.

I agree with pulledpork, except at many of the places the Wi-Fi is not exactly free....they want you to buy a beverage, or a snack, but after spending $3.00 per beer on the ship, a $1 or $2 beer is pretty cheap for Wi-Fi access.

Even if they don't ask for the purchase of a beer, it would be nice to purchase one, anyway.

We've had good success in both Cabo and PV, the "free" Wi-Fi is fast enough for FaceTime!

I agree with pulledpork, except at many of the places the Wi-Fi is not exactly free....quote]

Getting beers was the assumption ;)

That was my assumption too, but we spend 10 days, twice a year in Cabo, and on "cruise days" we often wander down to the Marina to watch the cruisers swarm ashore. Way too often, we have been witness to some ugly American berating a waiter because the ugly one wanted "free internet", and was unwilling to buy a $2 beer.

We've also seen 10 cruisers run into a place, one will buy a beer, and then they will all suck off of the "free" internet....

I was just offering a "heads up".

Archived