Legend of the Seas - Rome to Venice 8/31 Review

jrmint427

Several people had told us before the trip that we just HAD to go to Harry’s Bar and have their famous Bellini. So we decided to stop by to see what the hype was all about. We were initially asked to leave because our party was not all following the dress code of no shorts. A little frustrated, we did go back to the hotel to change so we could give Harry’s a try. We noticed that they kicked some people out due to dress code but let others in anyway… oh well.

Europe%2BTrip%2B3%2B856.JPG

I’m going to have to label this place as Overrated. Yes, we can say we were there, but it was the most expensive drink in my entire life. I don’t remember exactly but I think it was 16 euro. Ridiculous. The drink was good but not that good!

Europe%2BTrip%2B3%2B862.JPG

And we didn’t even get to see someone famous. There was a couple or two who were ushered upstairs and “looked important” but we had no idea who they were.

After drinks at Harry’s we walked back to Bistrot de Venise for dinner. We were able to sit outside and enjoy a wonderful last meal in Italy. I ordered a vegetarian ravioli.

Venice%2B9.9%2B%2846%29.JPG

They brought out a cute dessert plate after our meal.

Venice%2B9.9%2B%2851%29.JPG

By the time we ate dinner the sun had set and we were able to enjoy a beautiful night in Venice. The crowds were gone. We knew our way around. I loved Venice at this point!

After dinner we took a walk to see some of the main sights lit up at night. We first made a stop by the Rialto Bridge.

Europe%2BTrip%2B3%2B879.JPG

Europe%2BTrip%2B3%2B890.JPG

We then walked back to Piazza San Marco and listened to the dueling orchestras. This is a must if you ever spend a night in Venice! I wished we could stay out all night, but we were all exhausted. We said a final good-by to our friends – or so we thought. We ended up running into them at the airport the next day! That was three official run-ins (four actually – we ran into them in Taormina in Sicily too), so without a doubt, we were meant to be friends.

Europe%2BTrip%2B3%2B900.JPG

The next morning we took an Alilaguna boat to the airport. This was also easy to do. It took about an hour to get to the airport, but we found the ride relaxing and left early enough that we had plenty of time. We took a 7:25am boat to make our 11:35am flight.

We sadly said a final good-bye to Venice!

Venice%2B9.10%2B%287%29-001.JPG

We had an amazing trip. I put a lot of planning into our cruise and felt like it paid off with some awesome experiences. I can’t wait to cruise again and go back to Europe someday. Next on my bucket list is a Scandinavian cruise!

Just finding this review for the first time? You can find the table of contents / summary of this review at this link. This will help you to skip to the information that you are most interested in.

Jessica and Patrick, I just found your review by accident! What a wonderful photo review! Love it! We sure enjoyed our cruise too!

Jessica and Patrick, I just found your review by accident! What a wonderful photo review! Love it! We sure enjoyed our cruise too!

Hi Bonnie!! I'm so glad you found it! Since I have a little more time at home these days I decided to FINALLY finish this report :) It was such a fun cruise and we loved hanging out with you and Dave!

Just finding this review for the first time? You can find the table of contents / summary of this review at this link. This will help you to skip to the information that you are most interested in.

We have also just found this review for the first time. We were on this cruise last year (the middle cruise of a B2B2B on the Legend). It was a great cruise with a great itinerary and on a great ship. We spent a fair amount of time sitting at the bar in the Schooner Bar so probably saw you many times without realising it! Thanks for a really well written review and wonderful pictures - certainly brought back some good memories!

We have also just found this review for the first time. We were on this cruise last year (the middle cruise of a B2B2B on the Legend). It was a great cruise with a great itinerary and on a great ship. We spent a fair amount of time sitting at the bar in the Schooner Bar so probably saw you many times without realising it! Thanks for a really well written review and wonderful pictures - certainly brought back some good memories!

I'm glad you found it! That is too funny, we at least stopped by the Schooner Bar most nights so we most likely saw you! Wow, it sounds like you guys had an amazing cruise with three in a row! Let me know if you posted a review or pictures, I'd love to see!

Glad you found time to finish your wonderful review! :)

Thanks! Things got busy since I first started writing it and time got away from me! I started a new role at work, got pregnant and had a baby in the year following this cruise lol. I'm so glad you came back to read it :)

Loved your review and your pictures are amazing. In a few years...we have to work and save some money. Right now I'm comfortable with the Caribbean.

But I do have a question...what are the showers like in the cabins? Are there glass doors or is there a curtain?

Thanks,

Hi Nancy, Thank you!

The showers in our cabin were just a curtain. Here is a picture of the bathroom from our room - you can't see the shower too well but you can see a little bit of the curtain. The shower itself was really small.

Europe%2BTrip%2B2013%2BDisk%2B1%2B415.JPG

Hi Nancy, Thank you!

The showers in our cabin were just a curtain. Here is a picture of the bathroom from our room - you can't see the shower too well but you can see a little bit of the curtain. The shower itself was really small.

Europe%2BTrip%2B2013%2BDisk%2B1%2B415.JPG

Thanks. I was reading another review and the poster commented about the shower curtain blowing against her legs (ewww). Someone suggested bringing plastic clippies for the bottom of the curtain to hold it a little more in place. Thus my interest.

Only about 5 more weeks to wait!!

Thanks again for the pic.

Thanks. I was reading another review and the poster commented about the shower curtain blowing against her legs (ewww). Someone suggested bringing plastic clippies for the bottom of the curtain to hold it a little more in place. Thus my interest.

Only about 5 more weeks to wait!!

Thanks again for the pic.

Yikes, that is so gross! I don't remember the shower curtain blowing on me but I do remember that it just felt very small and I didn't have a lot of room to move around without bumping into the curtain but it worked out okay. Clips would not be a bad idea though, just in case!